Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Spirit

Options
  • 23-12-2006 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭

Does anyone actually feel like it's Christmas? It just seems like another day to me today, at work, bored, you know the usual.

Do people think that its the fact that Christmas is for children and now that your older it's not the same or is it more of a general change in society that Christmas isn't the same as it used to be (kinda nostalgic i know).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

It is another day, its not Christmas yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Pazaz 21

Ciaran500 wrote:
    It is another day, its not Christmas yet...

Its not Christmas DAY yet but it is christmas time .....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well how do you feel about the tooth fairy, the easter bunny or just about anything you loved as a child now that you've grown up?

christmas is just another day, although with exceptionally bad television, great food and family arguments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Christmas is a time for giving. So OP, hard as it might be , try to give a shít.

Mordeth wrote:
    well how do you feel about the tooth fairy, the easter bunny or just about anything you loved as a child now that you've grown up?

christmas is just another day, although with exceptionally bad television, great food and family arguments

I'm not talking about Santa here, i'm talking about the general sense that its Christmas and its a time of joy. Easter is just an excuse for Cadburys to sell eggs and the tooth fairy is a way to stop kids complaining about the pain of loosing a tooth.

I guess Christmas is just an orgy of consumerisim, oh well !!

• Advertisement

Pigman II wrote:
    Christmas is a time for giving. So OP, hard as it might be , try to give a shít.

ROFL !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Yes, it does feel Christmassy, but that is more because I have managed to avoid most of the build up being in and out of hospital over the past few months. We did not really decorate our house this year but am looking forward to Christmas as it is my first one where my fiance and I will be together on the day, normally it is tinged with sorrow as I miss him so much, so this year will be priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

It doesn't feel especially Christmassy to me at all, but maybe that's because I've only just gotten off work. Normally I have more time to dick about and get into the swing of things.

I'll knock back a few Christmas pints and I'll be in the mood I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Pigman II wrote:

:D:D

For some reason this year, Christmas hasn't seemed like that big a deal. It's really just something for children to look forward to, IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭spanner

I think we should have it like thanksgiving in america, just have the family together, have the dinner and have a few drinks.

None of this present crap, it really has spiralled out of control, poor families find really hard because the children belive if santa can bring the expensive presents to the rich children why cant he bring them to them

• Advertisement
Advertisement