Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SE K800i problem

• 23-12-2006 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

I have a SE K800i about 2 weeks and it has been working fine.
    Yesterday I noticed that one of my contacts was duplicated so I tried to delete it. When trying to delete it the phone rebooted and took about 1 minute to get back to normal. If I scroll doen thgrough my contacts as soon as I pass over the duplicate contact the phone reboots. How can I get this rogue contact out of my phone? If I restore factory settings will this work or will I lose too much. I have saved all my pictures, sounds and themes out of the phone so I can get them back. I am with Vodafone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

If you have a spare sim card with no contacts on it (or remove them), put it in the phone then try and remove the 2nd contact.

Just an idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

The contact is in the phone memory and if I try to edit or delete it the screen just goes white and the phone restarts itself.

Can you back-up your pictures, sounds and themes to your PC? or put them back on again if you lose them?

Yes I've backed up all the stuff I want. What I am trying to do now is remove all the contacts from the phone and start again. But as soon as I move onto the bad contact the phone shuts down and restarts and the contact is still there.

Can you not copy all contacts to sim in one go?, then reset or format the phone. If you have the contacts on the sim you need just format/reset the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,375 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

have you tried to delete the contact using desktop software

Well I couldnt delete the contact using desktop software either. It got stuck on it too. Sent an email to Sony Ericsson. They're **** at replying at the best of times never mind Christmas. So rather than be without a phone I performed a master reset which put it back to the way it was when I took it out of the box. I had backed up everything so I was able to put it all back in again. Only thing I lost was my text messages. Bit worrying though with a 2 week old phone.

Advertisement