Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batteries

Options
  • 23-12-2006 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hi
    I am getting a pressie (xmas) of a Dragonfly 60 (pro Version ??)by Walkera and it uses a 2200 11.1v 12c li-po pack. I was sent two 2200mAh 11.1v 10C Lithium Polymer Batteries by mistake by an ebay site who have not answered any of my emails.
    So my question is will the 10C batteries work the same as the 12C and what if any are the differences between them.
    Thanks in advance for any insight or help.
    Merry Xmas
    Joe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

The only differnce is the size of the pack. which may be an issue but then again it might not be.
    Also in my head I think the 12 cell would give more play time:D

But I dont even have an electric yet (christmas pressie) So dont take my word and you should wait for someone with a bit more knolege;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

sentenel wrote:
    ... by an ebay site who have not answered any of my emails ....
    not really surprising ...
    sentenel wrote:
    ... So my question is will the 10C batteries work the same as the 12C and what if any are the differences between them. ....
    10C means it can give 10 x it's capacity in amps.
    The battery received:
    10 x 2200 millamps = 22 Amps

the battery advertised (?) :
    12 x 2.2A = 26.4 Amps

So the battery you received supplies 22A but you expected 26 amps
    22/26 = 83% of what you expected.

17% reduced power, same capacity.
    Bit like the same size fuel tank but with a smaller hose attached to it, and the fuel comes out at a reduced rate.

Was the one you received cheaper?

Advertisement