Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Options
  • 23-12-2006 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

Just heard the title of the next and final Harry Potter book.

Personally, I think it is a dissapointment. I would have preferred something more cryptic. The title sorta suggests Harry's death!

Thoughts???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

The more I think about it, the more I think she won't kill him off, partly just because people expect she will. She did mention a while ago about
    characters she was going to kill but gave a reprieve
    so it's possible.

Anyway I kind of like the title I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

I'm beginning to get a bit annoyed by JKR. She is a very shrewed marketeer. All her drip-fed comments, it seems to me, are designed to create hype and anticipation, as if any were needed.

The whole who's going to die hysteria around the last book annoyed the hell out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Esmereldina

I think the whole Harry Potter series has become a victim of its own success and hype really. Nevertheless I will still buy the next one when it comes out, read it in a few days/hours, and then complain about how it wasn't as good as it should have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

I've a feeling that it's either going to be very very good, or very very bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

or else slightly mediocre...:D

I'm not sure what i think, reminds me of when i heard attack of the clones for the first time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Hopefully it will be option A and a really good ending to a great series.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

I think there will be twists in it, but I would be very surprised if she kills off Harry - it's basically a children's book, and in this day and age, we want to see good triumph over evil.

And I don't think Snape is bad, so please let that be one of the twists!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

It's a children's book but children need to grow up sometime!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

John wrote:
    It's a children's book but children need to grow up sometime!
    never! i refuse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭ciaranajl

Jo is very true to a circumstance: this is war, so there's always the possibility that Harry will die. But I don't think so. Either Voldemort or Harry will die.

So, let's see: Harry's parents died, his godfather died, his mentor died (Dumbledore), he's been taunted at school, tortured by Voldemort, etc, etc. If Jo kills him off, the readers are kind of going to be thinking, "come on, where's the real book?!"

PS... check out this site for everything Potter - www.mugglenet.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

ciaranajl wrote:
    Either Voldemort or Harry will die.

or harry will die killing Voldemort...

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Esmereldina

Livvie wrote:
    And I don't think Snape is bad, so please let that be one of the twists!

I second this! One of the things I liked about the series was that, in a world where generally good and evil were polarised, Snape added a tiny bit of moral ambiguity to the HP universe. He was a nasty person but esentially good. If he turns out to have been bad all along, that just puts HP right back into fairytale morality ie bad dude = evil unrecognisable monster. good dude = butterflies, faries and happy. Good guy wins.

Children need to learn about moral ambiguity!!

Advertisement