Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor borked?

Options
  • 23-12-2006 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I was in the middle of gambling the kids' inheritance away on the online poker, when my monitor suddenly went quite dark, then went black.

If I turn the monitor off and back on, it comes on for about 2 seconds, then just goes black again. I checked all the connections, and tried a different monitor (which works fine). I also had a spare VGA cable hanging around which I tried to no avail.

It's obviously knackered, so is it obvious that it's the monitor itself and there's nothing wrong with my video card, etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

ehh yeah :)

try it in another pc if problem exists, you have a broken monitor.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Did it make any noise when it went turned black? A crackle or similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

No, no noise, just dimmed slightly (like the leccy was just about to go) and went black.

edit: I've just tried it on a different computer and it worked. So i brought it back to my original computer and it worked. And it stays worked.

Maybe it just needed a bit of a trip across the room :)

Advertisement