Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fushigi Yugi

Options
  • 23-12-2006 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

My first dip into Manga... Has anybody ever heard of it? And yes, it's probably more suited for girls, and yes, it's full of romance... no da... But anyway... Just looking to see if anybody else is at all interested in it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

Yeah, I enjoy this series a bit, Yuu Watase is one of my favourite shoujo authors (that's not saying much though, I've not read a whole lot of shoujo). I've read the first 8 volumes, I'm not sure if I'll stick with it to the end though, as it's a long-ish series (18 volumes) and I'm getting a little tired of it. I really like Watase's artwork.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Mmm, I started watching this series, but my interest started to wane as the series started taking a tangent from the main storyline. There is no genre of anime that I am averse to; unfortunately, for me anyway, Fushigi Yuugi did not hold up what started off as an engaging story.

I recommend checking out a show called "12 Kingdoms" (also called "Juuni Kokki"), it's got that whole spirited away angle that Fushigi Yuugi has, but with a much richer world, less patronising to the viewer, wider range of characters, and doesn't fall into the "eternally budding romance" trap that Fushigi Yuugi does.

Advertisement