Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pay Monthly k800 from 02.ie, 2 sim cards?

• 23-12-2006 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

Guys, I ordered a Pay Monthly k800 off 02.ie with a view to porting my number from Vodafone RTG to 02 Pay Monthly. It arrived yesterday. I signed the enclosed forms, filled in the number porting page and sent them off.

I inserted the new 02 3G sim but noticed it was a new 086 number. I assumed this would be inactive until they ported over my 087 number. So I rang up to ask about it. They told me it was a temporary number so I could use the phone, and once the porting forms were processed it would change to my current 087 number.

They asked for the sim card serial number to register and activate the phone. I gave them the sim card serial number that was on the box.

Later when I was rummaging through the box I noticed there was another sim, a gsm sim. It turns out I registered the serial number off the gsm sim rather than the 3G sim - the card I am currently using, does this make a difference?

Could anyone tell me why they send out two different sim cards, a GSM and 3G card?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

They sent out a GSM SIM card so you're not out of luck if you want to use an old GSM phone for whatever reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Thanks.

You wouldn't happen to know if browsing the menus of 02 gprs is free, or will every last kb cost me money?

Unless they've changed it, browsing every last menu on O2 incurs fees!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

What Urban Weigl said ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

I have said it before and will again

A 3g sim as they call it is no different physically. The only difference is the amount of memory it has on it. A 3g sim has 32kb onboard memory whereas a 2.5g sim has between 8kb and 32kb of onboard memory. The fact of the matter is that any sim card that has an onboard memory of 16kb or greater is compatibile.

• Advertisement

I have a SIM card with 64kb of memory on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Nephew wrote:
    Guys, I ordered a Pay Monthly k800 off 02.ie with a view to porting my number from Vodafone RTG to 02 Pay Monthly. It arrived yesterday. I signed the enclosed forms, filled in the number porting page and sent them off.

I inserted the new 02 3G sim but noticed it was a new 086 number. I assumed this would be inactive until they ported over my 087 number. So I rang up to ask about it. They told me it was a temporary number so I could use the phone, and once the porting forms were processed it would change to my current 087 number.

They asked for the sim card serial number to register and activate the phone. I gave them the sim card serial number that was on the box.

Later when I was rummaging through the box I noticed there was another sim, a gsm sim. It turns out I registered the serial number off the gsm sim rather than the 3G sim - the card I am currently using, does this make a difference?

Could anyone tell me why they send out two different sim cards, a GSM and 3G card?

Thanks
    Did they send you out two simpacks or did they send you out a simpack and a little envelope with a sim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

In the box there was a blue envelope with welcome letter and 3G sim card enclosed, and a plastic pouch which contained some 02 booklets and a GSM sim card, there was a sticker with the number on it.

Advertisement