Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Runners....

Options
  • 23-12-2006 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi Folks,

I do a bit of the ould jogging from time to time, and with the wet weather I got into the bad habit of leaving my runners outside the front door (we're in a 2 bed house in the the Wood). Anyway I noticed today that my nice Asics runners have been replaced, yes replaced, by a soggy scaldy pair of Nikes. Not stolen, but swapped. Hilarious. I know it's my own fault etc etc, but that is low! I hope that it is just a drunk teenager on the way home last night who stepped in a puddle and their feet were cold, and they are going to swap them back tonight! Yeah, fat chance.

Anyway, if any of your children happen to be wearing a nice new pair of Asics Kayanos, and were the previous owners of a pair of Nikes, drop me a line! (Joking, I know none of my fellow respectable Charleslandsers would stoop so low!).

Anyway, karma, karma, karma!

Happy Christmas to you all.

Mr. CathD.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

It coulda been worse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 CathD

It coulda been worse!

It was you mate, admit it!........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Ah! That'll be the carol singers.

Ah! That'll be the carol singers.

I suspect so..... If I see them I'll only string them up, nothing worse....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

CathD wrote:
    It was you mate, admit it!........
    Lovely shoes...;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I leave my rugby boots outside all the time.

You'd need to be pretty desperate for some footwear to take those. I reckon you'd catch some disease just looking at them!

Clearly the Nikes must have been in really bad condition or the scumbag is a serious jogger. Why else would he take Asics!

Clearly the Nikes must have been in really bad condition or the scumbag is a serious jogger. Why else would he take Asics!

Yeah, the Asics ain't exactly "street cred". In fact there are some orange bits on them. I was up the main street earlier on and saw a gentleman wearing my exact shoes. He wasn't the stealing type. I did stare at him a bit too long though...... My wife has been prepared for my jumping out of the car and interrogating youths..... And yes, the replacement Nikes were soaking wet and a bit the worse for wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Corkey123

Don't knock the Asic Kyanos they retail at €150 +

For those interested in realising their new years resolution
    www.brayrunners.com

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

It would be possible to do a DNA test on the nikes unless you have contaminated them, has your lap times improved with them??

wicklowdub wrote:
    It would be possible to do a DNA test on the nikes unless you have contaminated them, has your lap times improved with them??

Heh heh, they have been disposed of. I got bored kicking them as I walked past then every day. I picked them up with a plastic bag as one would dog droppings. It was a good excuse to do no excercise over Christmas though.....

I did however buy a new pair of running shoes today in a relatively new shop in Bray, called Amphibian King. He takes a video of you running in bare feet to analyse your running style, and makes shoe recommendations based on that. He stocks only quality running shoes (IMHO), and he is a Greystones native. There was a flyer that came through the door a few months ago, and I googled the shop name today, and there seemed to be plenty of positive comments about the shop on various boards etc.

I just have to get back out running now......

D.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

On a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiit of a tangent, re plastic bags and dog poo, I try to walk my two mutts regularly around the block, and like to clean up after them - it made me realize there ain't a public bin, nowhere, no how - as one of the dogs can be a particular stinky bottom, it means squirreling the offending bag of poo away, for pick up on the way home - before I start making the (probably copious) phone calls, would anyone know, is it a Man Co or Co Co issue ?

Ok, the shoes have the floor again.... or the pavement.... or the track.....

Advertisement