Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games for Home Network only for Xmas.. Any ideas?

Options
  • 24-12-2006 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

Hi I have a 2-3 pcs running the house for gaming. Two of them has basic 3D acceleration (we talking basic P4 Dells that have 3D to handle basic stuff like Google Earth) that suits for games 2-3 years old.

What would be good games to play over a network that are readily available on the net (probably including flash games)?

I was thinking something like:

half life 1 (which we have and would be fine)
    Multiplayer Wolfenstein - I think that actually would work.
    Soldat (now there's one!)

VSnooker.

I used to play VSnooker over dial up years ago. Is there anything that is like that now available on net over flash? All PCs have access to the net (but would prefer offline 2-3 player games - with limited net involvment).

More suggestions please! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Emulator + micro machines or (the free) GTA 1 + 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Rainbow six rogue spear. Quality game for multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Good games....

Hmmm.. what's would be good quality Light (11Mb) multiplayer games... like say SOLDAT?

I'm going to google a few more. VSnooker above was a 1Mb Snooker game (sigh!). It was class - and good fast 3D over a phone line! Well, ok, you only saw the cue move :D

I went through my old collection and dos box can help here. Vsnooker plays perfect at using 8500 cycles.

To the bottom right..... 2 player fun!

C&C
    Dungeon Master 2 (still playable under XP?) - must try
    Homeworld
    Jimmy Whites 2
    Revolt (great little car game)
    Star Craft
    Total Annihilation
    Battle Tanks 2
    Soldat

someIdeas.gif

Any more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

DOOM!!!! :)
    Doom and Doom2 co-op are still great craic by any standard.

Others:
    Serious Sam (again a great co-op)
    Quake3
    Total Annihilation

Pugsley wrote:
    DOOM!!!! :)
    Doom and Doom2 co-op are still great craic by any standard.

Others:
    Serious Sam (again a great co-op)
    Quake3
    Total Annihilation

True! True! Hey Doomsday - It replaces the sprites with half decent polygons and runs on the cheapest PCs these days! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Quake Series...I know Q2 has CoOp
    GTA 1&2
    Need For Speed
    Half Life 1 (& mods such as Rocket Crowbar, InstaGib and Pirates Vikings and Knights)
    Total Annihilation
    Dungeon Keepers

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

hamster wrote:
    True! True! Hey Doomsday - It replaces the sprites with half decent polygons and runs on the cheapest PCs these days! :D
    Doomsdays models look prety good by and large, but only the official Doom's work with them, Im only really playing MOD's these days, finished all the origionals at least 3 times over already :) Now Memento Mori, Hell Revealed, and Requiem, their WAD's worth getting.

Advertisement