Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Login/ Logout

Options
  • 24-12-2006 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭

Just a short easy question, is there something going on that's causing people to be automatically logged out every few minutes? Or have I some settings turned assways or something? Because navigating the site is a nightmare today, every few pages I find I have to log back in again (so troublesome browsing around without being logged in).

Anyway, maybe it's me, I am a hypochondriac in all respects, would just like some confirmation either way
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I'm not having any problems but am aware it has been happening to a few. Did you tick the box beside "Remember Me"? What browser are you using? Is it set to allow cookies? Try clearing the cache and see if it makes any difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Happening here too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

You can set boards to remember you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Happening me too all of a sudden. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭CherieAmour

Me too! Every time I submit a post I've timed out and have to log back in!!! I haven't changed any of my settings, if others are having the same problem it must be something else...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Everytime I tried to use quick reply earlier it would log me out

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Happens to me too every so often. What browsers are people using? I think it started happening to me after I upgraded to Firefox 2.0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Stark wrote:
    What browsers are people using? I think it started happening to me after I upgraded to Firefox 2.0

Firefox too, probs started when i got the update aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Firefox and I got the upgrade! Aha. Anyway just hitting "Remember me yes" did the trick

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I know people love FF but it often seems to be the reason behind odd behaviour... If the remember-me option doesnt work, try deleting your cookies (theres a sticky about it here). That generally does the trick for me.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

DeVore wrote:
    I know people love FF but it often seems to be the reason behind odd behaviour... If the remember-me option doesnt work, try deleting your cookies (theres a sticky about it here). That generally does the trick for me.

DeV.
    It must worry you a little bit if you get logged out and it tells you you're not authorised to post... like being one of us "little people" :)

Advertisement