Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eric Prydz

• 24-12-2006 3:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Dunno what to say about him to be honest, love the stuff he does under his Pryda (Shadows especially) and Cirez D aliases, but not keen on Call On Me at all. Admittedly it was the first (and probably best) of the many 80's dance covers but I never cared for it. His remixes are usually top drawer aswell (Switch - A Bit Patchy, Steve Angello - Voices etc)

When I heard Proper Education for the first time in the Summer i LOVED it - but its been caned in every decent niteclub ive been in over the last 6 months and now the pop kids and DJ Rankin lovers are all over it like flys on ****.

Now he looks like a tacky piece of shít because most people only know him for his 2 worst records!! So what do the rest of you house lovers think of him? Too commercial for his own good now???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Spogpean wrote:
    not keen on Call On Me at all.

Neither am I, but probably only because it's a bit house-by-numbers and has been played to destruction on all the radio stations. I bet if Thomas Bangalter had done it, you wouldn't hear anyone moaning about it being commercial/cheesy.

Also, get a bit of In & Out (Dahlbaeck brothers remix) into you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

His mixes are top drawer as well - he was a guest on John Digweed's Transitions show on the 17th December, quality.

You can download the shows from www.mercuryserver.com - they stay up for a couple of weeks but the Eric Prydz one is gone now, I'm sure if you asked around there you could get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Top notch DJ and producer... It's just a shame that everybody associates him with the commercial crap that he's put out, rather than the Mouseville/Pryda stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭syberspud

Proper Education is a bit overplayed agreed but you can't deny the danceabilty of his tunes. He's as awesome as he is prolific imo. I love Shadows too but his best this year has been Frankfurt imo. Dancefloor destruction ahoy!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

Cake Fiend wrote:
    I bet if Thomas Bangalter had done it, you wouldn't hear anyone moaning about it being commercial/cheesy.

But it was! :D

http://www.discogs.com/release/265307
    http://www.discogs.com/release/255980

I don't really know the deal with this Call on Me is. Dunno who did it first Eric Prydz or Bangalter (and then there's someone called Retarted Funk too?)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭voltamadan

tman wrote:
    Top notch DJ and producer... It's just a shame that everybody associates him with the commercial crap that he's put out, rather than the Mouseville/Pryda stuff.

its a shame then that someone who seems to have a respected back catalogue and underground following jeopordised his artistic integrity by making a catchy pop tune for some easy cash you mean.

Advertisement