Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 10 boards.ie folding producers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭zodac

You should be anywhere from 15-20k PPD, depending on the WU.

Unless you're doing -bigadv?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Run it with -bigadv if you plan on running it for over 20 hours a day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,477 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Run it with -bigadv if you plan on running it for over 20 hours a day.

I'm running it with -bigadv, since it'll be on 24 hours, bar the odd bit of Kings Bounty.

But what does -bigadv do?

As long as it's not a P2684, should be 30k+.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,477 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I used 6 or the CPU's 8 (virtual) cores, so 80% usage is giving me 19.9K PPD, so I've a grand total of 47.6K+ overall which seems okay.

• Advertisement

Lol, "ok". I've got ~6k right now. :p

32163527.png

That's a nice picture. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

zodac wrote: »
    Awesome. :D What kind of CPUs do you guys have?

Just a load of 2X's but 11 of them running at once should be nice. I doub't he'd let me throw up a load of clients on our cluster. Infact i doubt he'd let me do any of this to be honest as our IT department are pretty strict. But ive got 2 I7's which are heavilly overclocked at home, an X6 and a new sandybridge cpu arriving tomorrow. Also have a set of 5870's and 6950's that can be used. Did they ever release a good client for ATI cards, and do they support crossfire?

Not yet I'm afraid. We're getting close though; PG announced they were aiming for a beta release in Q1. From what I hear from some of the beta testers, the core for ATi is working fine, it's just the client that's got some issues that need sorting out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I've installed the basic CPU client on 2 or 3 more computers. I wouldn't expect much but it will bump us up by a bit over time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

Just a load of 2X's but 11 of them running at once should be nice. I doub't he'd let me throw up a load of clients on our cluster. Infact i doubt he'd let me do any of this to be honest as our IT department are pretty strict. But ive got 2 I7's which are heavilly overclocked at home, an X6 and a new sandybridge cpu arriving tomorrow. Also have a set of 5870's and 6950's that can be used. Did they ever release a good client for ATI cards, and do they support crossfire?

That's a serious amount of kit at home. Maybe I should throw the towel in over here and join Komplett!

RangeR wrote: »
    I've installed the basic CPU client on 2 or 3 more computers. I wouldn't expect much but it will bump us up by a bit over time.

No complaints about a few extra hundred PPD. ;)
    C.D. wrote: »
    That's a serious amount of kit at home. Maybe I should throw the towel in over here and join Komplett!

Wait, I thought they were joining us. :eek:

*prepares a box of cookies for Komplett*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 hoth17

Untitled-25.png

I'm glad to see rockal back up on top. Also, we have a lot of red up there, nice job everyone!

sorry for the invasion Z. :P

My Q6600 hasn't been Folding all week, otherwise there'd be another red up there. :p

I noticed you weren't one of them... :mad:

but you will be forgiven as long as it is up and running by the fold-a-thon. :D

edit: my 970 is only getting me 30k right now at 4.2. :confused: I need to get some fine tuning done on that client before tomorrow.

hoth17 wrote: »
    but you will be forgiven as long as it is up and running by the fold-a-thon. :D

I'mma do my best; if nothign else, at least the GTS 250 is up. :D
    edit: my 970 is only getting me 30k right now at 4.2. :confused: I need to get some fine tuning done on that client before tomorrow.

Yeah, no -bigadv for a while either. :pac:

I know, its been almost a week since I have dropped one. :(
    And, now that I am up and running, I get a massive p2684.

Better than SMP at least. :p

you're right, I should be complaining. So, whats up with the q6600? I take it your having no trouble with your current clock speeds, surely its not unstable at those massive speeds you run it at. :p

//not making fun of, I respect that, and only that, Dell :D

you're right, I should be complaining. So, whats up with the q6600? I take it your having no trouble with your current clock speeds, surely its not unstable at those massive speeds you run it at. :p

//not making fun of, I respect that, and only that, Dell :D

Been running something else the last few days, and no enough cycles for the SMP client. Unless I don't mind losing bonus points. :p

I should be done this time tomorrow, and hopefully that'll leave me enough time to get a WU done by Friday. Maybe even two if I avoid the 67xx's and all goes well. :)

• Advertisement

You do something other than folding?! :confused:

What has become of the world...

You do something other than folding?! :confused:

What has become of the world...

Only on rare occassions; normally no-one notices my poor PPD getting worse though. :p

I'm guessing things didn't go quite to plan?

34217704.png

lachen.gif

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

roflmao.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

zodac wrote: »
    32163527.png

That's a nice picture. :)

Any chance we could get an update?;)

Here you are:

Untitled-26.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Here you are:

Untitled-26.png

Im in the top 10...cool....Thats what i was aiming for...
    I shouldnt have been playing metro last night for 4 hrs but i couldnt help myself..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Lol, the difference a fermi makes!

Month | points | WU's
    01.11 29,480 21
    12.10 29,756 66

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

Had to do an update as we have lost a lot of folding power since last one and also I am second for once.

folding.jpg

• Advertisement

Yeah, where has everyone gone?

Why the hell have I only 143PPD? My PS3 has been on all week! :eek: Something is amiss here....

What do you think... Foldathon as soon as possible?

Advertisement