Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

December 26th Prem fixtures

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

The OP must have been really confused when deciding not to call this the Boxing Day thread ,for thats what it is over there but I bet he had to stop to remember that he wasnt in England!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I thought long and hard about that! ;)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

but foster has looked solid again in goals.

Considering all the hype surrounding England goalkeepers (Robinson [most overrated keeper EVER!], Green, Kirkland, etc...), I think they might actually have a star on there hands in Ben Foster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

evilhomer wrote:
    Considering all the hype surrounding England goalkeepers (Robinson [most overrated keeper EVER!], Green, Kirkland, etc...), I think they might actually have a star on there hands in Ben Foster.

Meh. He's no scott carson, older too.

:)
    joking really havnt seen any of him before this season so i'm not going to start comparing , carson is the solid u21 no 1 tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

shoutman wrote:
    if Defoe starts to find his goalscoring touch again he would definately be more than appreciated at villa park.

Have you been paying attention?

11 goals in his last 10 starts in all competitions suggests he found his goalscoring touch a while ago.

He's plenty appreciated at Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Leaving Spurs to go to Villa would be a sideways move at best. I can't see it happening tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Bateman wrote:
    Leaving Spurs to go to Villa would be a sideways move at best. I can't see it happening tbh.

If Jol persists with his rotation policy (when Keane returns from injury) I can see Defoe putting in a transfer request, its clear that he needs a run in the side to build his confidence and to work on a partnership with Berbatov (which is also working in Berbatov's favour, he's joint 3rd with Rooney in the PL assists table, behind Fabregas and Lampard)

I'd be surprised if MON chose to spend the sort of money being mentioned (£12m) on Defoe anyway, when he could probably find 2/3 players for that money to strengthen other key areas. Villa were poor today, a frantic last 10 minutes aside. From my angle behind the Park Lane goal, Barry's goal should have been given as a free out for a foul on Dawson. Had that been disallowed, Villa would never have pushed for a goal and Spurs would have been comfortable winners. I need to see a replay of that incident again though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Honourable mention to Ashley cole for yet another case of one footed footballer syndrom. :rolleyes:

When will footballers learn. I mean why make a woafull , flicky attempt with his left foot that he'd be doing very well to get out of the box when he could have comfortabley hoofed it with his right. Surely he cant be that insercure with using his right foot? Wouldnt have caused that sham of an og.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Stekelly wrote:
    Honourable mention to Ashley cole for yet another case of one footed footballer syndrom. :rolleyes:

When will footballers learn. I mean why make a woafull , flicky attempt with his left foot that he'd be doing very well to get out of the box when he could have comfortabley hoofed it with his right. Surely he cant be that insercure with using his right foot? Wouldnt have caused that sham of an og.

Seen this today, Shocking defending, although the goalkeeper could have told him there was no one behind him.

He wasn't on long for Bridge either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Anyone think Terry's injury could be due to the injections him and Lampard were getting at the end of Mourinho's first season in charge?

After watching the MOTD highlights, Freidal played a great game, but it was more due to Liverpool's strikers ineptitude that they didn't score, rather than Friedal. How Liverpool didn't put one of those away is beyond me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

PHB wrote:
    Anyone think Terry's injury could be due to the injections him and Lampard were getting at the end of Mourinho's first season in charge?

It's a back injury Terry has. I doubt it's due to any injections. Players get injured. There's no need to be looking for hidden stuff. Terry's injury record and general physical condition over the past 3 or 4 seasons wouldn't lead me to believe that he has been taking any harmful injections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

PHB wrote:
    Freidal played a great game, but it was more due to Liverpool's strikers ineptitude that they didn't score, rather than Friedal. How Liverpool didn't put one of those away is beyond me
    Because Friedel certainly didn't pull off one of the best saves I've seen this year from Alonso :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Because Friedel certainly didn't pull off one of the best saves I've seen this year from Alonso :rolleyes:

Woohoo. Thank you Arsenal for that 6-2 hammering. 3 games after and three wins. Now five victories in the last six games. I was beginning to think Blackburn would finish fourteenth of fifteenth but the team are starting to click at exactly the right time. The same as last season.

And with the likes of Roberts, Nelsen and Reid due back this month things should go from strength to strength. A loss at Everton next Sunday in the Cup might suit the team. Allow them to concentrate on the UEFA Cup and the PL and getting into the UEFA places (that's if they don't win the Cup of course!). The squad is too small to mount a challenge on all three fronts.

McCarthy and Nonda look like an ideal pairing up front with support from Pedersen and Bentley, who has been brilliant this year. Tugay, Savage and Reid (when he's back) are doing well in midfield but the team could do with the addition of another midfielder and a defender or two.

As for the Liverpool game, Liverpool should have beaten Blackburn three or four nil. But Rovers were due more than their fair share of luck against the Reds after last season's two games - offside goal at Ewood and Khizanshivili (sp?) being wrongly sent off at Anfield.

Neill may leave for Anfeld but IMHO Hughes is beginning to build up what could be a very strong side. His signings seem to be very astute and I'm hugely impressed with Nonda, McCarthy and Bentley. I think Ooijer could come good after he gains his confidence back too.

Let's just hope the good signings continue this January.

Advertisement