Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are punkbuster servers cheat free?

• 24-12-2006 12:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭

Well are they? As a newbie to the game playing last night I was amazed at some of the moves on the server I was playing on. Also has anyone run a server on broadband over hamachi and if so how'd it run? Thinking of setting up one for a few of us over the Christmas.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I always assume PB servers are cheat-free. It's probably not the case unfortunately but sure, what can you do? I'd rather just assume the guy is good (even if I'm suspicious) and keep practicing until I'm as good/better! ;)

Furthermore, I've been called a cheater loads of times when playing FFA even though I certainly am not. Goes to show that it's easy for some players to think other better players are just too good to be true...

Last thing, only n00bs call other players cheaters (without any proof such as PB screenshots) so don't do it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

The quick answer is not all PB servers are cheat free.

I play on mulitplay.co.uk and there are a couple of wallhackers there, although you'd never see aimbot users or the like.

If you do set up a server for the christmas break, let me know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

The quick answer is not all PB servers are cheat free.

I play on mulitplay.co.uk and there are a couple of wallhackers there, although you'd never see aimbot users or the like.

If you do set up a server for the christmas break, let me know!

Tried to set one up a private server using hamachi but couldn't get it working. There seem to be issues with it and a new Call of Duty2 Multiplayer exe is required to circumvent the authentication by the looks of it?

There's a group of about 6 of us that play regular enough and if your up for a game add dingatron to your xfire and your welcome to stop by. Prepare for some easy pickings though as I'm still cannon fodder at the minute. :(
    Last thing, only n00bs call other players cheaters (without any proof such as PB screenshots) so don't do it!

Wouldn't dream of it, left all that stuff behind me a very long time ago when I turned 16. ;)

Dingatron wrote:
    Wouldn't dream of it, left all that stuff behind me a very long time ago when I turned 16. ;)
    Good man! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

dingatron wrote:
    There's a group of about 6 of us that play regular enough and if your up for a game add dingatron to your xfire and your welcome to stop by. Prepare for some easy pickings though as I'm still cannon fodder at the minute.

Don't use Xfire... I'm sure I have it installed, but never seen it. I'll have a look when I get home later and if I get in, I'll add you.

There's a guy on Mugs called Ding. Is that you?

I'm playing about a year and I'm still really sucky. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Nope I'm DiNgATroN or something like that. Xfire is handy for seeing who's up for a game etc. Use it all the time. Had a great tdm the other night. It's a good game when the teams are well balanced. Also was on a uk server called BOLTS`R`US playing death match with bolt action rifles only. That was good crack if not a bit of a melee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Vash

i saw a guy hacking once, got his pb guid and then reported him to Punkbuster, and he was banned

Vash wrote:
    i saw a guy hacking once, got his pb guid and then reported him to Punkbuster, and he was banned
    That's the only way to get rid of them! :)

Advertisement