Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows XP ( no mouse no Keyboard)

• 24-12-2006 2:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

Ok My pc is booting fine the keyobard works fine in the BIOS and aldo if I boot to a BART PE boot disk, I have rebuilt a test system on a difefrnt disk and both the mouse and keyboard work fine, I Have tried to boot in safe mode but still no mouse or keyboard, I have ran a repair by booting with the windows XP disk and still no joy, how can I get back my mouse and keyboard ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭tech

I have also tried to bootusing ERD 2005 and restore a system point and It wont let me :( this is realyl annoying

can anyone help me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

try sticking in a USB mouse/keyboard. If they work you could try and remove the mouse and keyboard in the device manager and restart and see.

I have tried this also and still no joy not even in safe mode, really messed up, by both ps/2 and usb works fine booting off a boot D or on a new build of XP on a differnt hdd

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

safe mode / system restore not work :(

recovery console to copy an old copy of reg files

If on a network you might try doing a push install of VNC and using a remote keyboard to look up device manager,

remote registry editing might work - if you knew what to look for ( i8042 ?)
    a repair / reinstall looks to be on the cards

put drive in as slave and do virus scan/malware scan

if you knew what to remove you could use a batch file in startup to remove it on next boot, reg.exe with the appropiate .reg file or a delete command - but that's only an option if you know what the problem is

• Advertisement
Advertisement