Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

did anyone else get a wierd letter from O2?

• 24-12-2006 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

I got a letter in the post the other day from O2 saying that i've been a loyal customer etc. & that they were giving me a gift.

They sent me a gift certificate to participate in 1 of a list of activities. I can have a day scuba diving, or quad biking, ora flying lesson, jet skiing, landrover experience, kayaking etc. as well as all kinds of fancy massages.

apparently i just pick one, ring them up & the whole thing is paid for by o2. The thing i don't understand is that i'm not really a loyal customer, i've only been with them for about 5 months!

did this happen anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

sounds evil bert. o2 are trying to lure you away and brainwash you! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

nananananana O2!

Are you on bill-pay? How much do you spend?! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭wba88

go for it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I've spend atleast €2000 over the past 2 years with O2 with calls and data and I have never ever got a letter like that. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

thats unbelievable
    maybe they picked your name at random or something
    i was one of 3's very 1st customers and i'm still with themstill thats only a year and a half

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I once got £5 free call credit from Vodafone in a letter at Christmas. I suppose it was 5 years ago. Same kinda deal, thanking me for being a loyal customer. Never again though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Sounds a bit dodgy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I think it's O2's way of making people think they are not the evil corporate monster we all think they are.

I got a phone call from them some time back saying I was making my calls during the day, but I was on a package that had cheaper calls during the night and would I like to change. That, coupled with the cheap DVDs, 1c calls at the weekend, they are trying really hard.

Now if they could only concentrate on more important things such as their crappy website and sh!t data charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Pythia wrote:
    I once got £5 free call credit from Vodafone in a letter at Christmas. I suppose it was 5 years ago. Same kinda deal, thanking me for being a loyal customer. Never again though.

Yeah same thing a few years ago and my mate called them up to ask if his got lost in the post. :) They said it was just random.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Pythia wrote:

I got an email from Vodafone thanking me for being a loyal customer this year and promising me a "suprise".....the suprise was a link to a crap "pimp my santa" website.
    Still, I'll be giving them a nice suprise when I switch to 3 after 5 years with them !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I got a voucher for a free manicure from O2 a year ago. It's probably expired by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Spanky-s wrote:
    I've spend atleast €2000 over the past 2 years with O2 with calls and data and I have never ever got a letter like that. :(

I have spent over 3k in the last 2 years and got no free gift. should i call them and see what they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Still, I'll be giving them a nice suprise when I switch to 3 after 5 years with them !

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Check that the number they ask you to call on the letter *is* actually Vodafone!
    It may be some number of some rogue company that as soon as you ring, they hang up, and when your bill comes there is a "mysterious" €70 charge for a premium rate call to a company based in spaim or nigeria!

Stranger things have happened.

B

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Got the email last year in the post and was giving it to me ma for a present but forgot all about it in the end :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

tom dunne wrote:
    Now if they could only concentrate on more important things such as their crappy website and sh!t data charges.

The new website is nice but they never improved its slowness which often happens. I complained once and was told it was due to traffic problems (ie people logging onto the site all the time). Puts me of using the site tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Sully04 wrote:
    The new website is nice but they never improved its slowness which often happens. I complained once and was told it was due to traffic problems (ie people logging onto the site all the time). Puts me of using the site tbh!

Whats new bout their site :confused: Its always been kak ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Sizzler wrote:
    Whats new bout their site :confused: Its always been kak ;)

its been changed alot since before. its much better with better facilites.

Advertisement