Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 Text Bundles, do they expire?

Options
  • 24-12-2006 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    thinking of getting the 5c deal for the o2 text bundles but just wondering is there an expiry date on them or do they last until you use them all regardless of how long it takes?

I've also seen in one place, to get 5c texts, you need to spend €40 on the bundle, but then another place said you only need to spend €20. I forget where I saw each offer:o

Any feedback appreciated:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

No they will not expire, unlike Meteor's text bundles, which will expire after one month...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

ok that's cool, thanks:)

Ok,
    I see on o2.ie, you can get 5c ones for €20, but it says €20 a month. So can I just activate the €20 deal, then cancel it so I wont have to pay €20 again next month, and I'll have 400 texts @ 5 c each until I use them all up, no matter when? Or do I need to stay subscribed so will need to be paying €20 each month:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

cormie wrote:
    Ok,
    I see on o2.ie, you can get 5c ones for €20, but it says €20 a month. So can I just activate the €20 deal, then cancel it so I wont have to pay €20 again next month, and I'll have 400 texts @ 5 c each until I use them all up, no matter when? Or do I need to stay subscribed so will need to be paying €20 each month:confused:
    You can subscribe, get your texts then unsubscribe instantly.

Your texts will still be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bristle

flodis79 wrote:
    No they will not expire, unlike Meteor's text bundles, which will expire after one month...

For speak-easy O2 customers text bundles do expire after 6 months.
    Check http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Personal/Services/Messaging/Text+messaging/Text+bundles/

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, 6 months should be fine:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

sorry to drag up a very old thread but I feel it is worth doing because O2 have changed their text bundle conditions, the bundles now expire after 30 days. Initially they weren't even very clear on this, lately they have actually added a "31 days" text to the *106# commands to make it a bit more obvious...still sneaky and mean really.

Wow, that's an old thread :D I wouldn't have thought there's any need for text bundles anymore with the amount of good sim only plans around with all inclusive texts at great prices?

Advertisement