Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WOW problem - free trial

Options
  • 24-12-2006 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

I made a thread here for this, then thought that I had solved it then it turned out that I hadn't.
    I set up an account to get the 10-day free trial. The game started to download and I went to bed. I wake up and the computer shows no sign of having downloaded. I try to redownload but to do that I would need to create another account. In the american free trial website they have a button to let you download again, but they have a sign saying that if you're European, you must go to the European site. The European has no button to let you redownload. Does that count for the account-setting up only, or are the game downloads different? Can I download from Blizzard's American site, or is the European version different?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Im using the american version and i just edited the realmlist.wtf in the install directory to read eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com instead of us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com

It works! Edit: (for me anyways!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Im using the american version and i just edited the realmlist.wtf in the install directory to read eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com instead of us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com

It works! Edit: (for me anyways!!)
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

I decided to try the free trial too but I think I downloaded the American version, so I did what was suggested by Nick_oliveri, but when I try to log on with the realmlist edited eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com I am told that my information is incorrect, I can however, log in as normal when the realmlist says us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com. Any idea what the problem is? (and apologies if it is blindingly obvious!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

I've seen sooo many threads for this on all sorts of WoW related forums, I've decided to make a guide. I'll let you know how it goes lol ;)

Infact I was thinking of buying a .com domain with all sorts of guides I make.. wow-guides.com hmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Deaddude wrote:
    I've seen sooo many threads for this on all sorts of WoW related forums, I've decided to make a guide. I'll let you know how it goes lol ;)

Infact I was thinking of buying a .com domain with all sorts of guides I make.. wow-guides.com hmmmmmm

Any chance of a link to these??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Sure, as soon as its up & running :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Strider007

Ive finally decided to give WoW a try and get the trial but when im in the account creation process(european) and get to step 4 i just get a HTTP Status 500 error and cant get any further or to the download section. Anyone else having this problem or have a solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Go into game or somewhere and fork out the 2 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Strider007

Ivan wrote:
    Go into game or somewhere and fork out the 2 euro.

Even if i were to do that i still wouldnt get past the error im getting to create an account so i can input the code.

Advertisement