Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

so i let my battery run dead

Options
  • 24-12-2006 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭

i was at a neighbours house last night and left my lights on for about 5 mins not that long for battery to run dead. so tried to start the car and it was flat. so we pushed it got it started. i then tried to turn the lights on and it cut out. so had to push it again to start it. got it started and didnt turn on lights but the car in reverse and it cut out again. so had to drive home with lights off (i live down a country road only 2 houses down there). parked it in drive and turned it off. i came out about an hour later and it wouldn't start so i left it.

started it this morning and it started first time.

do i need a new battery or do i have a really weak battery??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Was the dashboard battery light on?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

mike65 wrote:
    Was the dashboard battery light on?

no

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'd get both the battery and the alternator checked - just be sure. It sounds like something is just waiting to happen.

Before you get it checked, make sure the electrical connections are secured tightly to the battery terminal posts. If one of these is loose it could be causing problems like you describe.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Had a similar problem recently-battery connection corroded.

Advertisement