Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ariston Dishwasher Problem.

Options
  • 24-12-2006 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what might be wrong with an Ariston semi integrated dishwasher when the door wont open. There is a latching mechanism of some sort that has no resistance so I'm assuming it's fecked. But short of taking a nail bar and prising the door open, completely wrecking the lock, is there any other way of opening it. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

The problem is that to take off the door, even pull out the dishwasher, you have to open the door!

What a day for it to happen! Back to basics for the Christmas I guess.:(

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

can you feel it unclick when you pull on the handle ? if you can then it's more that likely your problem lies with the door rails that hold the externeal door to the dishwasher thats jammed in which case brute force is your only man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

miju wrote:
    can you feel it unclick when you pull on the handle ? if you can then it's more that likely your problem lies with the door rails that hold the externeal door to the dishwasher thats jammed in which case brute force is your only man

Hi Miju, thanks for your reply. Got it sorted.

There was no click when you pulled the handle. The handle is attached top the locking mechanism by two plastic clips both of which had broken. To repair it, I attached it again by a bit of drilling and wrapping a bit of wire around it to keep handle and latch together. Works fine now.

The real problem I had was how to get it open in the first instance. As its integrated, the screws holding it to the units are only really accessable when the door is open.

I discovered though that its only held by two screws at the top. There was about 1/8 inch of space over the door so I got busy with a small chisel and hammer and got the heads off the screws.

Then I got the legs at the front screwed up so I could drop the front enough to see the lock mechamnism and I managed to get it unlatched and open. Then I was able to repair it.

Anyway, thanks for the reply. I am posting the info above in the hope that it might help someone else. I'm sure, it'll affect someone else at some stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

The spring in the door in mine just went. The one that helps you open and close the door take the weight etc. We've nearly kneecapped ourselves opening it the last couple of days. Looks like the spring is in the main body, so might be hard to access.

has the spring completely gone tempest ? up near the top of the dishwasher you should notice two holes for an allen key , try turning it counter clockwise to increase the tension and see if you get any resistance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Completely gone. I'll try your suggestion but I think its snapped, or come loose somehow.

• Advertisement

an easy enough way to tell (if it's an integrated one) is to take out the dishwasher around 4-6 inches

on the very top you'll see what looks like steel rope , this is the main part of the spring mechanism and you will very quickly know if it's snapped / slipped when you try to pull on it , though have never heard of it snapped to be honest

Advertisement