Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Urrghhh first time I've seen this :/

• 24-12-2006 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭

http://www.rockstargames.com/grandtheftauto4/
    Coming October 16th, 2007
    So that'll probably end up as... ooohh... June 2008 for the PC version?
    Pre-order now to avoid disappointment
    I'm already disappointed. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Boo urns, to hell with consoles, gimmeh the PC version!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭dvega

Yup,normally about 6 mths after it release will they make a version for d pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

The PC version is always better than the console version :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Yeah when it was on the PS2 maybe....

Lets see on the PS3/Xbox 360 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Pacifico wrote:
    Yeah when it was on the PS2 maybe....

Lets see on the PS3/Xbox 360 :)
    mouse aim makes it infinitely better than any others out there.

• Advertisement

agreed with Cremo, and theres HD graphics cards around now so it will look just as good or better than the console versions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

HD graphics cards? WTF? Sounds like buzzword bollix to me. We've been playing PC games at higher-than-HDTV resolutions for years now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Stephen wrote:
    HD graphics cards? WTF? Sounds like buzzword bollix to me. We've been playing PC games at higher-than-HDTV resolutions for years now.
    Can't say I've gamed wider than 1920 myself :)
    But yeah, for PC users - HD on consoles is like "Well yeah, welcome to this decade console noobs lol :rolleyes:"
    Finally they've sorted out one of the things I most hate about consoles... now they just have to bundle them with keyboards and a decent mouse.

to be fair as well the PS3 will cost what an average PC system will cost, depending on the company providing... Seems rediculous shelling out that much money when PC's are so much more functional. But thats another argument altogether. I still come to the conclusion that PC GTA's will continue to be better than console ones, as they have more time to improve the engine between the initial console release and the PC release.

Finally they've sorted out one of the things I most hate about consoles... now they just have to bundle them with keyboards and a decent mouse.

Damn right. I can't play any first person shooters/GTAs on a console with any degree of skill, due to the joypads. Gimme a keyboard and mouse, foo's.

• Advertisement

Stephen wrote:
    Damn right. I can't play any first person shooters/GTAs on a console with any degree of skill, due to the joypads. Gimme a keyboard and mouse, foo's.
    That reminds me actually... since these games are initially made for release on consoles I can't help feeling that they're made with that hampered joypad-aim in mind... and as a result a bit too easy for us mouse users.
    I know the consoles have lock-on aim and that sort of thing, but for the likes of the turf wars in San Andreas; it's a piece of píss to headshot everyone from miles away... where as the joypad-auto-aim AFAIK locks onto their body which takes multiple shots.
    I suppose it could be argued that console gamers have the advantage of more driving control with the analogue stick... but I can't say I've found driving with the keys a huge problem... I mean it's not exactly Colin McCrae Rally is it ;)

I use a joypad adapter (USB - PS2 controller) anyway for the driving so I get the best of both :)

My keyboard driving skills are great. I'm just f**ked when it comes to flying planes in GTA. That forces me to go and dig up an old joystick.

GTA3 Dodo was better to be flown on the keyboard. I thought anyway.

Yeah the flying bits in GTA:SA were nasty with the keyboard alright... I got away with it though because I bound the pitch control to my two side mouse buttons.
    And to think I used to scoff at these 8-button mice :D
    The newer Logitechs seem to have gotten rid of the second smaller thumb button for some reason... I dunno maybe the noobs complained about it being confusing... I just can picture them now mashing both thumb buttons :rolleyes:
    Which is a shame because I'd really like to try the G5.

Wait... what was this thread about again? :confused::D

the dissapointment of console GTA being released before PC GTA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Jakkass wrote:
    to be fair as well the PS3 will cost what an average PC system will cost, depending on the company providing... Seems rediculous shelling out that much money when PC's are so much more functional. But thats another argument altogether.
    you wouldn't get the same level of detail out of a €600 PC as you would out of a PS3.

it's not really a winnable argument either way, there will be fanboys in each camp and it'll go round and round forever. I have 3 PC's (desktop, server & laptop) and an Xbox Media Centre at the moment and I'll be adding the PS3 to that on release day (along with a week off work :D) and shall continue to use each for it's own strengths.

all I know is that I'll have long finished GTA4 on the PS3 before it even appears on the PC> :D

vibe666 wrote:
    1.you wouldn't get the same level of detail out of a €600 PC as you would out of a PS3.

2it's not really a winnable argument either way, there will be fanboys in each camp and it'll go round and round forever. I have 3 PC's (desktop, server & laptop) and an Xbox Media Centre at the moment and I'll be adding the PS3 to that on release day (along with a week off work :D) and shall continue to use each for it's own strengths.

3. all I know is that I'll have long finished GTA4 on the PS3 before it even appears on the PC> :D

1.I'd actually doubt it since the PS3 only has 256MB of GPU ram which is basically equivelent to the average base graphics card. As for the Core processor, I doubt they will utilize all the cores of the PS3 at such an early stage. Either way €600 is rediculously extravagant for a console without games. By Mid-2007 512MB cards could drop in price and quad-core processors will be much lower in price also.

2. The PS3 isn't released yet so surely you cannot know it's weaknesses.

3. I'll get to play it with enhanced features that weren't on the console in the first place. Suits me better :)

The amount of memory a GPU has has little to do with its performance.

Also, PS3 is out in the US and Japan :p

indeed and Hong Kong and China. Loads of ebay sellers selling them from there. But anyway, I doubt any console will beat a PC and if it does it won't be for long as PC components change all the time nuff said :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement