Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New ROH Champion

• 24-12-2006 10:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

Homicide won the ROH title from Bryan Danielson on Saturday Dec. 23rd. Details from the match from f4wonline.com:
    Homicide pinned Bryan Danielson to become the 8th Ring of Honor World Champion, ending Danielson’s 14-month-plus reign. These two guys had a tough act to follow, but the crowd was hot for it from the start. They did some chain wrestling early, with Dragon usually getting the edge. After just 8-10 minutes of exchanging reversals, Homicide hit the 3-amigos, and went to the top for a frog splash. Adam Pearce and Shane Hagadorn hit the ring and hit a shoulderbreaker on Homicide. Todd Sinclair called for the bell and DQ’d Danielson to a huge chorus of boos and a bull**** chant. The announcer was about to call the match for Homicide, when Sinclair stopped him and decided that there was no way he’d let this match end by DQ. He restarted the match to a huge pop and even a “Sinclair” chant. This might sound dumb on paper, but it got over huge, and played off of Sinclair “screwing” Homicide during his last title match in June. After the match restarted, they got off hot and heavy. Danielson went after Cide’s shoulder’s. Cide hit the tope con hilo and flew into the crowd. Cide got a bunch of shoulder submissions on Danielson to big heat, but Danielson kept escaping. Danielson hit a somersault dive into the crowd on Homicide. Danielson went for the top rope belly-to-back, but Homicide reversed it into a crossbody for a nearfall. Homicide got on the STF, but Danielson escaped. Danielson went for his elbows to the head, but Cide escaped. Danielson locked in the chickenwing but Cide escaped. Homicide went for the copkilla, but Danielson got out. Danielson locked in the Cattle Mutilation, but Homicide escaped. Danielson hit a tiger suplex for two. Homicide kept escaping the cattle mutilation. Danielson hit a low blow, and then got a small package for a great nearfall. Homicide finally hit the Cop Killa, but Danielson got his hand on the rope to a huge pop. Finally, Homicide hit the lariat for the pin, and one of the biggest pops I’ve ever heard, and that includes Kobashi in ROH.

After the match Samoa Joe, Colt Cabana, BJ Whitmer, Julius Smokes, Ricky Reyes, Allison Danger, and other members of the roster hit the ring to celebrate. Danielson hesitantly handed over the belt and the two shook hands to another big pop. After Danielson left, Homicide gave a speech and dedicated the win to the fans. Afterwards, “Ballin’” played, as everyone danced and celebrated in the ring. It was quite the scene.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

img3345hm0.jpg

3 ROH legends.
    Congrats to Homicide, from all accounts it sound like quite the night. This guarantees Homicide will be at the shows in the UK too :D
    Alas the Dragon has been slain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Thats a damn cool picture. CM Punk has been in quite a few funny pictures with other wrestlers. I especially like the Stevie ' I fear the Polish Hammer' Richards one.

Eh back on topic, congrats to Homicide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Good stuff. About time too as apparently Danielson is in tremendous pain. I wonder if this will raise his stock with the fans in Orlando...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

It was just a matter of time. Wasn't expecting it this year though! Homicide definitely deserves it, I was goin mad when TNA weren't putting him on ppvs, but everything's payin off for him now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

congrats to homicide...its about time that he has gotten a big push of some sort.....
    I really enjoy seeing him as part of LAX in TNA and also wrestling singles contests in ROH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

Yeah I heard yesterday delighted hopefully hell have a long reign as well well see but congrats anyway he deserves it

Advertisement