Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

neatgear router

Options
  • 24-12-2006 11:32pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭

have a media pc hard wired to my netgear router.

Have an upstairs pc hard wired also.

so problem is
    pc connection is ok and "1" light on router is off
    media pc connection is not working and "2" light on router is flashing

what does this flashing 2 mean ???
    I have the cat5 cable plugged into the mobo on the media pc.

thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Rtfm ! ??

incase you dont know what that means....

Read the ****ing manual........

Check the website......

Do some checkign yourself first.

I dont mean to sound nasty. but common, do you want us to come round and fix it for you ?

Also which leds are flashing, and which are not ?

Can you give some more info ? Are the pcs xp ? mce ? vista ?

Did they work before, is it a new problem ?

What wireless standards do their cards accept ! a,b,g,n ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Cannot find the manual.

Did check the Netgear website - nothing there.

Two pc's were connect wireless until now -hard wired now.

will do some more checking so.

***thanks for your encouraging post anti ***

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Whats the model number of the router? See if we can find a manual for it, are both the computers hooked up or just the media PC?

Keep posting useless posts like you are, and you shall get the same response. ( i'm not being a fecker, but you give us nothing to go on. like what lights are on/off ?)

Can we have some more info like ruu said.

But no FAQ or Trouble shooting about your router online ? And no .Pdf download of the manual ?

If its not on the website. Just enter themodel number into google. It will find it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 sparkicks1

usually the flashing light means that it is in the process of connecting but hasnt completed the job yet.

basicly the 1-4 leds are signs of the 1-4 cat5 sockets at the back there could be something up with your cabling or else you havnt got your internet config settings right on your pc. if dhcp isnt set up (lets assume it isnt) just go into your lan connection right click it go to properties and fill this in and see if that helps you
    ip: 192.168.0.46 *
    subnet 255.255.255.0
    default gateway 192.168.0.1 **

prefered dns server: 192.168.0.1

** (if you have a different modem that you use to connect to the internet ie you have your modem hooked up to your netgear router then the ip might be 192.168.1.1 just look up the default ip of the modem)

also dont be too fancy with your terms i doubt you have any pc hard wired into the router unless you took it apart and physically soldered in your connection. i think what you mean though is you have it connected in directly to the back?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

so,

have it fixed :D
    checked the the cat5 cable was getting a signal thru to a laptop and it was.
    looked in the network connections in control panel and nothing at all.
    so checked the device manager and the ethernet controller had a question mark beside it.
    went onto MSI website and got drivers for the mobo and loaded -still nothing.
    went thru the trouble shooter in device manager to load the above drivers and it obviously put the drivers into the correct location.

so now "network connections" has a wired lan setting and showing a "connected" icon - so happy days.

thx to those who helped and those that pushed me to try everything before posting next time

thx

K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Good stuff, glad you managed to sort it out by yourself. :)

Advertisement