Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather Forum Christmas Wishes

Options
  • 25-12-2006 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

Just like to take this oppurtunity to wish everyone a very happy christmas! And i hope santa brings what ya all wanted!! :D

And especially to snowbie.. i know we've had the odd argumento but nothings meant off it honestly!!!

Anyway have a good day and Happy Christmas:D ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Looking like snow here (Illinois) for tomorrow morning, only very light accumulation though. Have a smashing Christmas everyone and a wonderful '07!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Nice post there WC:) Let bygones be bygones and lets look forward to an interesting new year weatherwise.

Ruu keep us all posted on a potential white christmas for ya.At least someone might get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Here's hoping for an eventful new year!!

Looks like XMas '06 will be a boring one (weatherwise!)

+6.1 c, misty ATM

A

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Speaking to my sister in Austrailia this morning and apparently its freezing over there.. she said its like the coldest Christmas Day on record and say that a few miles inland on higher ground theres snow! Now i dont know how much truth there is in that seen as its the equivilent of June 25th over there... She's in Lauren Austrailia or something somewhere around Melbourne i think...

What a miserable day here though couldnt possibly be worse! But in a way it kinda makes things festive and the house and fire seem warm and cosy...

But its the darkest and gloomiest day in ages!

Yea thanks Snowbie and Merry Christmas everyone:)

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rausavn062.png

Looks like snow would not be beyond possible on the high ground down there! Wow thats cold for this time of year!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Merry Christmas guys! :p

Sure, we didnt get a white Christmas, and the outlook for snow overall is ehh.....not so good, right? But what the hell, 'tis Christmas day, be it gloomy or not at least its cold and dry and not wet and mild.

Dont eat too much now!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Here's a report on the snow near Melbourne:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/white-christmas/2006/12/25/1166895230027.html

Mostly around the ski resorts...

A

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭kindredspirit

A Happy Christmas to everyone.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

happy Christmas to everyone, this winter has been a winter lovers non event so far but hopefully something will happen between now and march:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Gloomy enough of a day alright but at least its chilly and not mild.

Have a great Christmas all you weather heads and a good party later.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Happy christmas all, lets hope the new year brings us some sneachta :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Right now its 1.05pm and about 4C, snow flurries expected tonight and early Tuesday, will see if I can get some pics if it turns out to be some. Same thing happened last year as far as I can remember. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Ruu wrote:
    Right now its 1.05pm and about 4C, snow flurries expected tonight and early Tuesday, will see if I can get some pics if it turns out to be some. Same thing happened last year as far as I can remember. :)

Get those pics up soon Ruu, we need some tormentation.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

It was so gloomy, that today is the first day I've ever needed a torch to do 9.00am thermometer readings :eek:

At least everyone was able to get about their travels unhindered, but I'm really struggling to find compliments about the current weather.

Wait a moment..........I see a plant moving out side..........

....checks wind gust.........Wow.......11mph.......nearly highest for a week.....

.....yaaawwwwnnnnnn.......

Happy Christmas Everyone :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

now that christmas day is over i checked to see what sort of weather we'll get for the rest of the holidays and it doesnt exactly look snowy, BBC are forecasting some extremely mild weather for the weekend with temperatures of 14C on Saturday with temperatures nudging maybe 16C in one or 2 spots in Wales.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Gonzo wrote:
    now that christmas day is over i checked to see what sort of weather we'll get for the rest of the holidays and it doesnt exactly look snowy, BBC are forecasting some extremely mild weather for the weekend with temperatures of 14C on Saturday with temperatures nudging maybe 16C in one or 2 spots in Wales.

Yea the outlook is pretty much as bad as possible if your looking for cold weather... looks like this winter could be snowless but we've still got a good 2 months ;)

Advertisement