Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

knee protection

Options
  • 25-12-2006 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭

so im just after some serious surgery on my left leg. and my physio wants me to do a bit of cycling. i was looking at some protective wear cos i dont want to fall and hurt my knee. i was looking on cyclesuperstore.ie and i have seen these

[linkd=www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=228&idproduct=10068]"here"[/linkd]

and these

[linkd=www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=228&idproduct=11249]"here"[/linkd]

i dont want anything too bulky that would effect my cycling

anyone got any reccomendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭HusseinSarhan

I have the Dainese pads. They are more DH race armour in my opinon... not really great for general stuff. You have to take your shoes and everything off justto get the things off, and the material tends to bunch up at the back of the knee joint, making it annoying. They provide good protection though.

If you're recovering from surgery I'd get this:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=7192

There are also some decent Brand-X pads on there too.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

If you're recovering from surgery I'd get this:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=7192

There are also some decent Brand-X pads on there too.

Good luck!

yeah they look more suited to what i need.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

sixsixone pads, veggies or even knee and shin guards in 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭roadmanmad

for knee injury recovery.

a) initially drop daddle 0.5 inches
    b) lower cadence 10-20 rev than normal
    c) take travel speed at a leisurely pace

build up saddle height and cadence over 4 to 8 weeks depending on amount of cycling time.

Knees are key in cycling. do not stress or abuse after surgery. Build it up gently.

In 10, 20 & 30 years time, you will be very glad to have done this.

Advertisement