Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intervarsities

Options
  • 25-12-2006 4:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭

This one goes out to Neon Glows...

Got any info on the intervarsities? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

yes lots fuzzy, do i know ya dude?

im currently putting together the official details and im putting it in a mailing list for all the colleges, its a little to detailed to post online so once i get it all together and im happy with it, ill truncate it down and send it out, theres a site due up uin the next few weeks www.surfingintervarsities.info.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Cool, nope just saw you're in WIT on another thread.
    Few of us were wondering when they would be on, would there be other things to do if the surf is flat, how many colleges/ITs are competing, etc

what college are you in fuzzy, iv been in contact with 12 colleges/unis etc etc, cant believe i missed a college. Ill set up a second post soon with all the info.

Confirmed dates though are 24/25 February, TBay surf centre, theres huge prizes in the pot inclubding surfboards and wetsuits.

theres 3 events:

Intervarsities (you need a 5 person team for this and can enter only one team)

Expression session for everyone to enter

Beginners lessons/hires

Fee is 10euro and must be forwarded to WIT Before the end of january. ISA membership is mandatory for insurance purposes.

Ahh yeah, I was just wondering if you had any more details on it!
    Its a pity you guys picked the same weekend as the kayak intervarsities though.
    I know there is an awful lot of overlap in members, especially in NUIG and TCD. I'll be heading to Letterkenny for the kayak intervarsities (23-25 feb) anyways.

• Advertisement

is it to late to get the guys to move the kayak one? the surf event is pretty much set in stone, some colleges have already booked accomodation, iv taken time of work, ISA are running with the dates, it was moved a hundred times till it seemed to suit everyone, we were originally clashing with the british intervarsities.

No, I'm afraid not!
    Pity, but nothing can be done about it really.

yeah cause i know im after putting a few people in a bit of a predicement, ah sure no worries, so where dya surf fuzzy, do i know ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

there's not that much crossover between the TCD kayak and surf clubs, so no real clashes there (some of the kayakers come down with us, but either have switched mostly over to surfing, or dont surf full stop :)) fuzzy :P

cool, i dunno was i talknig to anyone in TCD, i contacted there old email addy and heard nothing back, are ye guys coming down in force?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 My_Dog_Says_Hi

Lots os Maynoothians going down I hear!

yup. i met with a few of the maynooth wave chaser already, ye are a mad bunch....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 My_Dog_Says_Hi

I got as far as joining the club. Never been on a trip!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

neon_glows wrote:
    cool, i dunno was i talknig to anyone in TCD, i contacted there old email addy and heard nothing back, are ye guys coming down in force?
    No one from the tcd surf club got in contact with yeh? hrmm thats a tiny bit odd - I dunno who's going down or what, i'll be mid exams unfortunately :(

Advertisement