Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any shops open in Dundalk? Need fags!!!

• 25-12-2006 12:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭

Just on the off chance are there any little (or big!) shops open anywhere in Dundalk at any stage today???? ...or a garage? Or anywhere nearby?

...anywhere that sells fags! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

It used to be a few years back that Sloanes (avenue rd at the jnc with St Alphonsus rd) would open in the late afternoon just for this purpose. I don't know if they still do.

Failing that it used be a case for me of begging a bouncer to run into the fag machine in one of the clubs come 12 midnight.

There's also the black market if you know anyone and are into your eastern european tobacco.

Or do what I do on xmas; smoke OPs...

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

Yup, as far as I know, Sloanes are open from 12 to 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭sudzs

Merrick wrote:
    Yup, as far as I know, Sloanes are open from 12 to 3.

Thanks!

Just flew down to Sloans but if they were open I just missed them by 5 minutes! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Can you not give one of the hotels a rap like the fairways and ask to use the machine ?

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Or how about not smoking for 1 day a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

zabbo wrote:
    Or how about not smoking for 1 day a year.

Or how about trying not to be judgemental for one day and let people indulge in thier chosen pleasure on the one day of all days they should be able to do so without recrimination.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 roofty

The garage across the road from the hospital used always be open, not the statoil the one closer to the malthouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

roofty wrote:
    The garage across the road from the hospital used always be open, not the statoil the one closer to the malthouse.
    Burmah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

ONE OF THEW dublin road shops is open for a while today, i think accordingh to my cousin ,who works there.no idea what name of shop is though

Ah yeah the Burmah....forgot all about that. Handy for a bottle of something too (or at least it used to be)

As for quitting the smokes for a day? On all days when you're drinking and eating to beat the band and smokes are in short supply, it's the one time when it's pretty hard to go without.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

if your willing to go to newry, savages is usually open in newry, also the Garage on the boarder is usually open

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

Sudz just out of curiosity, did u get sorted and where ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭sudzs

Sudz just out of curiosity, did u get sorted and where ?

No! :eek:

Got a bit too sloath-like after the turkey! And still one fag in the packet this morning!!!

Pfft call yourself an addict?

A real smoker would have lit that last cigarette whilst revving the engine of the car they intended to ram raid PJ Carrol's storage room with...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭-Freebird-

Don't you mean a real smoker would have been willing to go to the 24 Hour shop and pay that extra 50c...

Or, been prepared and not let themselves get down to the having only one fag left?! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,055 ✭✭✭✭event

if you smoked, surely you'd get some in advance?

Advertisement