Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help!

Options
  • 25-12-2006 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭

Okay for Christmas my mam is going to go halves with me on a HDTV for my room, but I have a few questions. My budget isnt much (circa 900) and I've been looking at this TV from Komplett.

My questions; Is this a decent TV? I dont have digital can I plug my normal cable into the TV to still get normal channels or am I screwed?

That's all folks, thanks for you time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

it has a tuner it should work 0n ntl cable tv.But for 800 or less in xmas sales you,ll get a 32 inch hdready tv with hdmi 2 scart av ,component widescreen .look in dixons harvey norman etc, i got hdcrt for 790 in dixons widescreen 32inch.for hd tv get a 32 or 37inch widescreen, you cuold get a 40inch tv in powercity for 950 approx,if you are not fussy ,re brandnames.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Is this a decent TV?

Yes it is.
    I dont have digital can I plug my normal cable into the TV to still get normal channels or am I screwed?

Yes it comes with a terrestrial tuner.

Personally I would be wary of no-name displays while if you know exactly what your after, you can occasionally find a gem but more often than not they will have used some cheap low quality Chinese panel to power the display which is where the savings come from. Stick to the good brand names like Samsung, LG, Toshiba etc.. are these are the guys who build the quality LCD panels in the first place & use them in their own TV's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

you can get 32inch widescreen Samsung hd ready tv,with virtual surround sound ,hdmi,component ,2 av 790euro dixons.IT can get any channel/ uhf,vhf,vhf2, it even has option for teletext in irish language .IT has no dvi,or vga, the picture on xbox 360 in hd is fantastic, as well as sdtv on sky digital.Or get a 32inch plasma 800euro ,better picture quality on sd tv,ntl than any lcd tv.

Advertisement