Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So what did Santa bring you

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

The Jolly Fat One, (no not Mary Harney) got me Aftershave, Kilinascully Series 3, Eddie Hobbs 30 ways to invest my SSIA, Which incidentally I do not have :confused:, A new Watch a hoodie sweater, (how lowering is a hoodie like??) Plus some denaro. Gave more than I received, which really helps with a do-good feeling. Christmas sucks and I hate it tbh.

I spent the last 4 hours enduring the biggest assault since D-Day however rather than US & German soldiers I had 4 to 9yr old cousins which seemed to have explode into action upon a few glasses of coke and sugary sweets, they only managed to break three things a new record. Ah well I enjoyed it and it was a nice Christmas however not the best ever, I typing this on Christmas day is evidence enough. I'm not a turkey person so had steak instead, it was also the first year my family was split as my sister had to work for the first time ever, but was home a 7pm so not too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭smallpaws

I got clothes, a book, jewelry, a pack for my dog (like a reverse backpack, and you stuff the wee pup in the front), a gift certificate to Tiffany's and some socks and towels. Cool stuff, but the coolest was seeing my mum well and healthy, enjoying watching the 9 or 10, however many there is, grandkids play with the squawking rubber chickens Santa brought them. Not only wil they lay 'eggs' if you squeeze them, they can stick to the ceiling if you throw them hard enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Santa brought me:
    A Buddha (for luck)
    Money for my New Years trip to Portugal
    DKNY Perfume set
    An Urban Decay Shimmer Brush (I love it)
    PJ's and a selection box

My lil Sis got me a really cool, giant, pink, piggy bank

My brother bought me a Ghost perfume set

My BF's brother got me a handbag size DKNY perfume.

My cousin got me a beautiful little silver, compact mirror, with diamante cover and some juicy lip-glosses.

My best friend got me the coolest thing.
    Well, she got me a lil set from boots, and a book, but better then that, she took all my fave pics of us, and our friends, from the last 8 years, and she had them blown up to poster size, and some of then are just regular square or rectangular shaped, and some are circle or oval shaped, but they are all seriously cool, and will be going up on my bedroom wall tomorrow.

My Boyfriend got me the coolest pink fluffy house coat, a pink fluffy throw for me bed, and a matching pink fluffy heart shaped cushion.
    He also got me brilliant turbo hair dryer from terrisales, on Abbey St.
    A Green retro adidas hoodie, with yellow stripe.
    A gorgeous deep red Guess hand bag.
    A Turkish protective eye, which sounds a bit weird but I like it, and its set in a pink sun, and will look brilliant in my bedroom.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evil_eye
    And best of all, my fave, a stunning, silver, DKNY watch, with tiny pink Diamante logo.

I was well and truly spoilt rotten!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

I got:

€315
    New Stereo Headphones
    Clothes
    Chocolate
    Cow Alarm Clock

Pretty good xmas :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I got my parents a voucher for a posh hotel somewhere with a free upgrade to a better room- so they think I;m a super daughter and hopefully I'll et the house to myself for a night to throw a party. A win-win situation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Piste wrote:
    I got my parents a voucher for a posh hotel somewhere with a free upgrade to a better room- so they think I;m a super daughter and hopefully I'll et the house to myself for a night to throw a party. A win-win situation!
    Free gaff ftw :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Free gaff anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Bronchitis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

i got dvds, new phone, beliss hair dryer, singstar legends and 80's, desperate housewives boxset, dove hamper, pj's, slippers, dressing gown, jewellery, 3 ds games, money, hmv vouchers, cd's, perfume.. i'm happy with that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I gots a new hi-fi system, DVD player and a voucher for 4 ski trips/lessons in Kilternan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

A book
    'Splinter Cell' PS2 game
    'Bad Mother F*cker' wallet from Pulp Fiction
    DVD Player
    Hi-Fi system

I think that's everything.

I'm happy that all the Christmas spending is over, because I got a double pay-day last week, so I've some money to spend, and a few things I wanna buy, and the sales will be starting soon...!!! I'm so materialistic! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

All i really wanted was a wii. but did i get one ?

NO. i fcuking didnt...

Now my CC is maxed out and i only have about 500£ in the bank, so i cant afford to throw it away :(

Still i did get a xbox360 with 6 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

anti wrote:

NO. i fcuking didnt...

Now my CC is maxed out and i only have about 500£ in the bank, so i cant afford to throw it away :(

Ah your so spoilt Anti!!!

Well I got Games for the 360, vouchers for games, CD, slippers, book, money, and a new mobile which is pretty groovy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭dvega

A dvdof saving private rayn!
    And a ticket to australia ofc!
    Not bad:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

Santa brought me a bag, money, vouchers, Kasabian's new album and some clothes. I'm a happy camper!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

anti wrote:

NO. i fcuking didnt...

Why the hell would you want a wii? :confused:

Worst. Idea. Ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Santy brought a Digital Camera :D

Dressing gown, slippers & PJs. Perfume, dvd, basketball, lotsa choccie!

My bro got me a make-up lesson in MAC which is cool. I thought it was just an appointment to get my make up done but he said it's a lesson. Think he's hinting something? lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

DaveMcG wrote:
    Why the hell would you want a wii? :confused:

Worst. Idea. Ever.

Ooohhh. Contraversial :D

I got €100, and more chocolate than I've ever seen under one roof in my lifetime. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Money from most of my family.
    Brendan Grace DVD from my aunt, Tommy Tiernan Jokerman from the sister, Family Guy S1 from the brother.
    Clothes and clothes vouchers from the mum and dad.
    Clothes from one cousin and a hold-all for the bits and pieces you keep in your car (de-icer, screwdrivers, WD-40, Ducktape etc)

And more money.. and there are other family members that I havent seen since before christmas, so that will mean (most likley) more money.

Money is always good with me.. I get what I want that way, and not what people think I want..

Yeah money is good, though I like surprises too. With money I can get that Dita Von Teese book I could never dream of asking for and was too poor to afford!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

I saw the Dita Von Teese book, quite hawt. It's one with the fetish book at the back?

I got some nice perfume and 50 euros, which I went out and bought a load of reading material with. Also got a laptop for my birthday/christmas gift. And my Mam promised to bring me out and teach me to drive on the beach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Clothes, hair shaver, some random crap that was bought for me for the sake of it, but one cool thing was a mini-scalex-trak type thing, but instead of cars, it has grannies on wheelchairs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

A Wii with zelda
    portable dvd player
    few cd's and dvd's
    and the usual shower gel etc
    nice jacket too

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Couple of tank books, gift voucher for Omaha Steaks (Mail order meat), couple of jumpers, an FN-FAL and I'm going to get myself a new monitor.

NTM

BlueSpiral wrote:
    I saw the Dita Von Teese book, quite hawt. It's one with the fetish book at the back?

Yeah, though when I saw it in the book shop I didn't get that they were two books in one and I thought they were two seperate books so now I'm happy that I can get them both in one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Couple of tank books, gift voucher for Omaha Steaks (Mail order meat), couple of jumpers, an FN-FAL and I'm going to get myself a new monitor.

NTM

Nice, very casually thrown into the list :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Aftershave, wallet, books and a voucher for Mick Wallace's Italian restaurant in Inchicore. :) Happy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

3 bottles of wine
    3 boxes of buscuits
    2 boxes of chocolates
    socks
    a hamper
    a jumper
    2 deoderant and shower gel sets

oh...and a canon EOS 350D:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i got robbed for Christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Mossy Monk wrote:
    i got robbed for Christmas
    I got a bout of depression for Christmas.
    *Highfives MossyMonk*
    Did you have a break in?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

HavoK wrote:
    Nice, very casually thrown into the list :D

Ta. I didn't want to make people too jealous.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Pair of flaps
    .Ahem, mud flaps!
    electric shaver/groomer
    wooden gearnob
    more jumpers than i have fingers
    portable DVD player
    hypnosis vouchers
    aftershave
    money
    credit
    chocolates.

-VB-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Money from the folks which will go towards a new LCD TV.:D
    Diesel top from my sister.:D
    National Geographic Planetarium+Guinness Book of records:confused::confused: from her other half.
    Calendar from my 7 month old niece.:D :D
    Vouchers for Game from best friend.
    Tray of Heineken from friends folks.:D :D:D:D

Well pleased

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭glitter-bug

i got an engagement ring.. totally cliched but soooo sweet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

i got an engagement ring.. totally cliched but soooo sweet :)
    Aww, conradulations :D

More stuff that I got - purple Karen Millen dress (thank you mum :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭lilrayosunshine

I got a camera
    PJs
    Books
    candles
    money
    smelly stuffs
    Scarf and gloves
    and I bought myself a tattoo a couple of weeks ago!

I love everything I got!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭exCrumlinBoyo

a doll, a drum, a kick in the bum and a chase around the table....

Plus two sick children all Christmas and still sick... its has been miserable I have to say.... My kids are on the mend though... so hopefully New Years will be a bit better..

Advertisement