Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wireless broken for a while (eircom)

• 25-12-2006 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

ne one else experiencing connection problems

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

More information?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

Sad to be posting at Xmas but when I seen this post I just had to. For the last few week both my 360 & Wii have been enjoying a wireless connection to my Netopia 3347. Earlier today both have ceased to work on the wireless connection. Despite restarting the router nothing I do seems to resolve the issue.

Even changed from WEP key to WPA !!!!!!!

If anyone can shed any light I would be grateful.

Merry Xmas:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Macker1 wrote:
    Sad to be posting at Xmas but when I seen this post I just had to. For the last few week both my 360 & Wii have been enjoying a wireless connection to my Netopia 3347. Earlier today both have ceased to work on the wireless connection. Despite restarting the router nothing I do seems to resolve the issue.

Even changed from WEP key to WPA !!!!!!!

If anyone can shed any light I would be grateful.

Merry Xmas:)

Again more information? Is the internet connection working? can you get a connection between your computer and the router? Have you made any changes before the connection stopped working?

dub45 wrote:
    Again more information? Is the internet connection working? can you get a connection between your computer and the router? Have you made any changes before the connection stopped working?

Hi,

The internet is working fine with no connection problems between PC & router. I'm not aware of any changes that have been made to my setup.

Is there a chance that the wireless part of the router has simply died ??

Or are there external factors that could be interfering with the single.

I have just used a lan cable to connect the 360 and it worked with no issues. This is a pain in the ass not knowing what to do.

My brother is **** hot at pc stuff but he was working shift the last few nights. I will see him 2moro and maybe he can help.

If you can offer any suggestions thanks

Macker1 wrote:
    Hi,

The internet is working fine with no connection problems between PC & router. I'm not aware of any changes that have been made to my setup.

Is there a chance that the wireless part of the router has simply died ??

Or are there external factors that could be interfering with the single.

I have just used a lan cable to connect the 360 and it worked with no issues. This is a pain in the ass not knowing what to do.

My brother is **** hot at pc stuff but he was working shift the last few nights. I will see him 2moro and maybe he can help.

If you can offer any suggestions thanks

Update..... Managed to sort it out, both the Wii & 360 are back connected by wireless. The fault was my own in that I had gone intio the wireless setting and enabled the option "Limit Wireless Access by MAC Address". As soon as this was disabled the issue was resolved.

I had even gone out and bought a new router thinking that the Neopia 3347 had developed a fault.

May just replace the Neopia anyway as I picked up a Belkin G+ MIMO modem / router which should give me better wireless coverage.

:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement