Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splinter Cell Double Agent & X700 Card

Options
  • 25-12-2006 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

Guys,

anyone know way around getting the game to work with an X700, it's given me a excuse to upgrade buy want to play some today.

thanks

W

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Nope sorry. DA only supports SM3.0 cards and the X700 or any of the older X series cards that aren't in the newer X1k series only support SM2.0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

Thanks Havok, knew you'd be the first to reply on a graphics issue

Must upgrade then, what do you think of this below, oh and HAPPY CHRISTMAS

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=320746

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You might as well go the extra mile and get something like this for a few extra euro, which offers much better performance.

The X1600Pro is alright but to be honest not much better then an X700 apart from the newer SM3.0 support, which is only necessary for literally 2 games so far and in said games that require them, the X1600Pro isn't a good performer so it's not really a selling feature of that card anyway.

Actually, this is better then an X1600Pro and strangely, considerably cheaper - Club3D X1650Pro

Club 3D also have a basic X1600Pro for 90 euro but as tempting as it seems I'd stay well away from that, its only equipped with regular gddr ram.

But if you are on a fairly tight budget the X1650Pro will still get you by...

110-ish - X1650Pro

150-ish - 7600GT

200-ish - X1950Pro

I think they're the best performance to price ratio cards really at the moment out there in a brief summary....

Don't forget to try adverts.ie where you might get a great bargin - I myself was selling my 7600GT, three months old, for 80 euro awhile ago...great savings to be hand by buying second hand.

and finally, of course, happy christmas...:)

Thanks Havok, appreciate the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I'm selling an evga 7900GT KO 512mb for €200? Adverts link is in my sig, it will handle DA noooo problem.

What mobo, CPU and RAM do you have? The graphics card isn't always the most important component for games.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the offer, I had ordered at Komplett already

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

No probs, just thought i'd give you a heads up ;)

What did you decide on anyway? Did you resist the urge to throw some extra items in the basket also :p

Advertisement