Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't send texts on nokia 7360

• 25-12-2006 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi maybe someone can help.I bought the Girlfriend a nokia 7360.It was locked to vodafone but i unlocked it so it would take her Meteor sim but now she can't send text messages.I checked the message centre number and it is correct.She can receive texts,calls and make calls but just can't send texts.Anyone any ideas?.I've looked at the meteor site to see if there is any setup downloads but can't find any!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Hi maybe someone can help.I bought the Girlfriend a nokia 7360.It was locked to vodafone but i unlocked it so it would take her Meteor sim but now she can't send text messages.I checked the message centre number and it is correct.She can receive texts,calls and make calls but just can't send texts.Anyone any ideas?.I've looked at the meteor site to see if there is any setup downloads but can't find any!!

Ring them and make sure the abilty to send SMS is on your network profile.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 49 steinberger

Well i rang meteor and the guy i was talkin to reckons she needs a new sim card.Give it a go i suppose!. Just seems strange that she can send mms messages but not standard texts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Check the message centre number under "message settings" and "sending profile".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Well i rang meteor and the guy i was talkin to reckons she needs a new sim card.Give it a go i suppose!. Just seems strange that she can send mms messages but not standard texts.

Could be the case i know some of the older sim cards are not compatible with SMS on some of the newer Nokia's.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

You need to check the following:

Go to message settings
    The default message centre nr. is +35385xxxx
    SMS sent via "text"
    Use GPRS/Packet Data ? No

Happy New Year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Nazoil, that's totally wrong. The number is +353857000000. It's the same for all Meteor.

The problem is the sim card. If her sim card doesn't start with 0522, she needs a new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

chrislad wrote:
    Nazoil, that's totally wrong. The number is +353857000000. It's the same for all Meteor.

The problem is the sim card. If her sim card doesn't start with 0522, she needs a new one.
    to be precise it should start with 8935305 but they usually omit the 89353

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

to be precise it should start with 8935305 but they usually omit the 89353

It's actually 8935303

If you can be anal, so can I :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

chrislad wrote:
    It's actually 8935303

If you can be anal, so can I :)
    oh ye, 05 is three. i stand corrected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Ah, the fun of calling out sim card numbers over the phone to customer care!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 steinberger

All sorted,Got the new sim and working fine now.Thanks for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

All sorted,Got the new sim and working fine now.Thanks for your help.
    Glad to hear it.

Advertisement