Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi S3 arriving shortly...

Options
  • 25-12-2006 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭

Hi all... should be getting my new for 07 Audi S3 sometime this week...

Looking forward to it...

Spec is: Sprint blue, Bi-Xenon Lights, 18" Alloys, Twin Colour Napa Leather, Sat Nav, Auto Lights & Wipers, Winter Package, Additional Interior Lights, Aluminium interior Inlay, Electric Climate Control.. most is standard really apart from the leather, sat nav and the lights/winter pack.

Only 8 of them in the country at the moment I believe...

Any thoughts good or bad??

newmS3SPR325.jpg
    newmS3SPR317.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Absolute beauty! Think I saw a nice silver one in the showroom of Audi on the Navan Road the other day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Nice car, I bought an S8 a few weeks ago and I'm mad about it. I never realised there was such a difference between a standard model and the S version, well I did really but I had to pretend to be allowed.;) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Cracker! Somethin to look forward to alright

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

Thanks lads.. going from a MKV GTI with 18s, the wheels could be a little more inspiring but it's a small issue.

If and when I can, I might put the RS4 wheels on her which look like this!

audi_rs4_wheel.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

MarkN wrote:
    Only 8 of them in the country at the moment I believe...

.......................Any thoughts good or bad??

I'll race ya!!

...........when I get me TT......................and remap it........and put a K04 in there.........and :D

This week is going to d.....r....a.....g for you. bet ya can't wait!:cool: There is nothing like the feeling you get when driving off the forecourt in a brand new car no matter how often you change cars. Even better feeling when its an S3!!

Was expecting the TT next week too but my build week has moved back to week 5. :(

• Advertisement

I don't even have to drive it off a forecourt.. they are bringing it to my house!

Can't drive it til Tuesday though cause of the 07 plate :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

MarkN wrote:
    I don't even have to drive it off a forecourt.. they are bringing it to my house!

Can't drive it til Tuesday though cause of the 07 plate :(
    Is that the exact s3 you got. Was it from newmarket, it looks amazing,i would put on the rs4 alloys instead and give it a light tint nothing too dark.
    And ofcourse if you want more power then get it remapped :)

That's the exact one yeh, from Newmarket.. it's the first S3 on Carzone.

I will prob sort the wheels in time but it's costing me 58K, I'm not spending anymore on it for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

MarkN wrote:
    but it's costing me 58K,

Jesus ****!!

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

MarkN wrote:

I will prob sort the wheels in time but it's costing me 58K, I'm not spending anymore on it for a while!

I wonder how much the S8 cost. But nice car and I'm sure you'll wear her well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

MarkN wrote:
    but it's costing me 58K

Don't mean to rain on your parade ...lovely car, wouldn't mind one myself:D ...but do you realise that the German list price (even with 21%VAT) is "only" 36.665 ??

Next time you meet Bertie or any of that crowd, get him to say "Thank you, MarkN"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭themessiah

Yeah why is its so expensive , the vrt should not be that high isnt it only a 2.0litre.

Loved to know the reasoning for buying one aswell ?

A Ford Focus St can be bought for 31500 cash or nearly half the s3 , do doesnt have 4wd drive. Spec is
    221 bhp 152 mph 0-62 mph 6.6 30mpg

and is not that far off in terms of performance either to the s3
    0-62 mph in 5.7 seconds, 155 mph, 261bhp , 30 mpg

And if you wanted a 4WD Drive go the whole way and maybe something like a

Subaru Impreza Type−25 Litchfield

# 415bhp @ 6,500rpm (400bhp from 5,800rpm − 7,000rpm)
    # 570Nm / 420lbft @ 3,800rpm (300lbft from 3,000rpm)
    # 8,000rpm Redline
    # 304bhp/ton
    # 0−60mph in 3.7sec
    # 0−100mph in 8.7sec
    # 157mph limited top speed

MarkN wrote:

wow thats expensive,you should have got the new r32.but the s3 looks amazing.Will it hold that much value what do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Sorry, lovely car & all that but 58k is just wrong! Just an example of what can be bought for the same money:

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=533844

There are so many fabulous cars you can buy for that sort of dosh!

Buying a new car in this country is an absolute waste of money, the trick is to buy a good demo model with all the spec. a year or two old and you'll get serious value for money. All the cars I buy are secondhand and all the commercials are new, for tax and VAT purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Those A3's are great womens cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The OP sounds familiar. Do you go by the name Big Balls on here too?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Thats him alright. Sounds Familiar? You've probably heard him as well. :D

I'm sure he won't mind me saying this but I know him from other forums too and he can sometimes have a short fuse. Jimmy, Boy are you gonna get it!! :D

I've an A3 too and I'm getting a TT in Febuary. You callin' me a poof too!! :D

Not the first time I've heard someone say that though about the A3. Can't get my head around it though. How can a GTI be a mans car and then a car with 265BHP, 4WD and looks more muscular and manly even in pink..be a womans car? Even my 2.0TDI looks more manly than a Golf or R32.

A 1.6 A3 might be a Womans car. Any other engine and its a mans car! :D

bazz26 wrote:
    The OP sounds familiar. Do you go by the name Big Balls on here too?

How does he sound fimilar?, why would he bother having 2 names

drdre wrote:
    He's probably in two minds about things.:)

• Advertisement

drdre wrote:

Not sure really but something just does seem familiar here. Not having a go at him btw, just curious myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

MarkN wrote:
    it's costing me 58K

Fucking hell, that's a lot of money for what is essentially a VW Golf!

For only a pittance more, you could have a BMW 335i Coupe. Now that's a car. A man's car

In my experience only sissy boys or DJs would go for that A3 tbh...

unkel wrote:

For only a pittance more, you could have a BMW 335i Coupe. Now that's a car. A man's car

Or something like these:
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=521920
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=534388
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=530197

or this :D :
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=559764

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭omega man

Congrats, the new s3 is a stunning car but i must admit a stunning waste of money also imo. Unless you won the lotto of course!! Every new car i get, i seem to get the wondering eye after 6 months or so. I would have to shoot myself if i bought a new s3 only to start wanting something else! Enjoy it man and drive safe!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Good God Almighty.. My 2005 S4 Cabrio set me back $60K US (After tax). You guys are getting ripped off.

I'm not entirely sure where the S3 fits in vs the BMW series. There was no doubt in my mind to go Audi over BMW between S4 and M3, the interior quality of the Beemer just was no match at all. I assume the S3 is of similar quality to the S4.

Looking at the earlier posts comparing with things like the Focus and Subaru, I think people are missing an important factor in the Audi's favour. Whilst I accept that a Mitsubishi Evo is just as fast as the S4, (Actually, a little faster) and costs about half as much, the Evo (and the other racers) suffer a serious flaw when it comes to 'liveability'. I spend 100% of my driving time in my Audi sitting in the cockpit, and only a small % of it driving fast. Yes, I could have bought a Ford Mustang GT cranking out the same 0-60 time or better for almost half the cost, but there is absolutely no comparison with the interior quality. The Audi's driver's seat is just a nice place to sit. Enjoy your S3, dude, the other guys are just jealous.

(How the hell do they justify 58K for a Fiat?)

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

unkel wrote:

'In my experience' 335i's are crappy looking and favoured by women (or ladyboys)- BMW's in general are overrated and this country is glutted with them. He's not going for the A3 he's going for the S3 a very rare car in this country and a fantastic car.

Get off your high horse its a car for god sake it doesnt mean your above everyone else and it certainly doesnt make you a man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

S3 wow....one hell of a car.....dont let BMW fanboys get you down...soon you will be burning them all at the lights............

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

yea id love one of them, rare.. thats what i like the most, its so rare and soo many people will be jeolous of you. I know I would be if I saw you ;) but 58k... EEK

S3 wow....one hell of a car.....dont let BMW fanboys get you down...soon you will be burning them all at the lights............
    You won't be burning me at the lights.;) :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

yeah itll piss all over a 335i or an e46 m3:rolleyes:

seriously nice car mark, its your money and you can spend it whatver way you like. whether its good value for money or not is a moot point, cracking car and they seem to hold their value pretty well too looking at the old model

Advertisement