Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi S3 arriving shortly...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

that is a seriously cool car......enjoy the ride

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ElCapitano

Beautiful car, dont mind all the haters, shes a beaut.

Was thinking of one myself but ended up going for a 07 Cooper S.

Going skiing tomorrow so decided not to pick the car up till Monday week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Lovely machine, best of luck with it. I was only in one S3, the older model, tuned by MTM... 345bhp one! So if you do get bored with it, there's always MTM! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

wow a beauty, dont mind the jealous heads, enjoy it i know i would :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

yea lovely car m8, just watch where you park, that looks a bit tight :rolleyes: I had someone in work hit the back of my new car once when it was parked in a tight spot :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Biro wrote:
    Lovely machine, best of luck with it. I was only in one S3, the older model, tuned by MTM... 345bhp one! So if you do get bored with it, there's always MTM! :D

Silver one from Galway by any chance? Rocket! :D

@ Mark, congrats, enjoy and good luck. Looks a beaut :cool:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

That interior looks like it's up to Audi's usual standards, all right.

A little more metal and less wood than I had expected though.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

MarkN wrote:
    One thing I have noticed, normally in turbo cars, the power falls off towards the top end of the rev limiter. Not with the S3!!! :cool:

I take it you know from experience, without having broken the engine in first? :eek:

MarkN wrote:
    I picked it up early this morning and like most of you, I'm in work now so i can't do a lot of driving... :mad:

Very happy with it, quite of lot of gadgets which are confusing me (I normally love these things...) but I will sit down with the manual later on.

The colour really is just so striking I think. I was in a shop earlier and was looking out the window at it and the amount of guys stopping and having a gawk.. no girls though :D

I'll be doing something 'creative' with the plates at the weekend but for now, some crappy camera phone pics.

Sweet car man fair play. Ignore the haters and begrudgers.

If everyone liked the same car we would all be driving around in ladas still:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

Eh but why the need to tell the whole world that you have a new car? Why go out of your way posting pictures and informing us of all the passer-bys stopping to gawk at your car? I don't know who's sadder - the gawkers or you, looking out of your window, gawking for gawkers.

Tis a nice car, but I wouldn't buy one myself (I personally think a man should drive a large car). To be honest, I wouldn't have the asset base to support an Audi S3-driving lifestyle. Did you buy it on credit?

• Advertisement

Cantab. wrote:
    Eh but why the need to tell the whole world that you have a new car? Why go out of your way posting pictures and informing us of all the passer-bys stopping to gawk at your car? I don't know who's sadder - the gawkers or you, looking out of your window, gawking for gawkers.

Some people like looking at these believe it or not. Its a motoring forum. These cars are rare as hens teeth.

Go away troll.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Cantab. wrote:

Tis a nice car, but I wouldn't buy one myself (I personally think a man should drive a large car). To be honest, I wouldn't have the asset base to support an Audi S3-driving lifestyle. Did you buy it on credit?
    Im soo tempted to ban the troll! Already banned someone earlier - a second would make my day!
    As for how he bought it - its none of your business! Would you ask someone how much they had in their bank account?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

ronoc wrote:
    Some people like looking at these believe it or not. Its a motoring forum. These cars are rare as hens teeth.

Go away troll.

Agree totally - to ask someone to stop talking about and posting pictures of their new motor is a joke.

Fair play - its a lovely car, and there is certainly kudos with having one of only a few that are/will be on the roads. Yes they are expensive, but if that is the car you want and you are willing to pay that for it - then it is worth it for you. Although the 2ltr turbo engine has some disadvantages (eg engine sound) it also has advantages (eg significantly lower tax than eg 3.2ltr R32)

So again best of luck with it and I'm sure it will be popping up on the HWIST thread soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

kbannon wrote:
    Im soo tempted to ban the troll! Already banned someone earlier - a second would make my day!
    As for how he bought it - its none of your business! Would you ask someone how much they had in their bank account?

Do us all a favor ... and go with your first gut feeling

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Looks nice, I like the colour. What happened to the picture in the tight car park? And what's that thing beside the gear stick? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

gorgeous. i want one. I have an A3 too (but only 1.6!)

hope its kept locked up at night. I'd be sleeping in it with a shotgun :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

Cantab. wrote:

Which breed of kn*b are you? :D

And thankfully, I feel manly enough to drive a 3 door hatch, maybe a phyciatrist can help you feel the same without your car having to do that for you.
    Cantab. wrote:
    I wouldn't have the asset base to support an Audi S3-driving lifestyle. Did you buy it on credit?

No I didn't and how is your "asset base" my problem???!!
    unkel wrote:
    And what's that thing beside the gear stick?

Unkel - It's a hat I had for being outdoors at 7 yesterday morning :p

Manic - I dunno what a load of wood would be doing in a hot hatch TBH. You can spec alu, piano black or wood and I was after the alu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

Wood trim in sporty type cars (and S3 is most definately sporty!) IMHO does not suit, and can look cheap/naff. I'd go with alu trim also.

Lovely car mate, enjoy it, look after her and yourself out on the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

OP: Nice Car, too much Money (but that's not your fault)! I’ve heard a few disappointing reviews in the UK about them, (but as you know, it’s a lot cheaper to own an S4 (or RS4) in the UK than in Ireland i.e. over 2.0 litre, so we have to compromise when choosing a car

Have a look at this forum in the uk for tips and reviews:
    http://www.rs246.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewforum&f=42&sid=dc8c8d62a52243ded5d3c06b6612b553

You will have people knocking down your door to buy it off you in 2 or 3 years time.

But you won’t get 58K for it then!

Nice car, but nicer in 2 or 3 years second hand IMO.

The car has to be better than the Golf GTI, or else it will flop.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

great car OP, can't understand all the begrudgers! you should stick it out over on the uk forum you put the pics on too, at least everyone appreciates the car over there!!
    interested to see how you get on with the cheaper sat nav, i'd get that swoped out to finish things off if I was you..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 marku-allen

great choice of car, lovely colour.....enjoy and thanks for posting pics,

and those begrudgers ......FECK OFF and go back knitting:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Nice one - well wear

( ..well at least I have the same engine,if not quite the horses !)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

OMG OMG OMG !!

And no, not the car, the knobs whing(e)ing (??) on here about who/how etc etc......

Irrespective of what the 'other' cars can/can't do, the car stands on it's own merits to the most important person in the world - the owner/buyer of it.....all else is just horse****.

Which is why I still boast - yes - that I was as stoked about the day I got my first brand new car - a Cinquecento Sporting - in yellow, of course - as I was the day I got my first TT, or my 911. Or why I still love my faded and chipped paint 1990 Mazda MX-5...............

And why the search to sate the automotive thirst continues...........hmmm, wonder what those 968's are like.............???

....and even the Cinqeu broke the speed limit. A lot more than the bigger stuff. Reverse the psychology out of that, do...............

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Ba$tard wrote:
    Wood trim in sporty type cars (and S3 is most definately sporty!) IMHO does not suit, and can look cheap/naff. I'd go with alu trim also.

I think it worked out very nicely in my S-car, than you very much. (See picture earlier in thread). Still, my opinion's worth what you pay for it...

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

Beautiful car, best of luck and safe driving with her :)

On a side note, I think it's instructive to compare the begrudgery of some on this forum to the universally positive response one nearly always gets on US forums when somebody posts about taking delivery of a new car.

Then again I'm sure that's the last thing on the OP's mind as he spins around in a 07 S3 and the begrudgers make do with their Micras and Starlets :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

MarkN wrote:
    My application for 53 arrived a day late and two others put in for it so I missed the draw.

just got in in time with 07-G-4 for my audi a4
    best of luck with the car i didnt get mine yet next week hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

MarkN wrote:
    At least I've given some people a thread to look at - over 1,500 views :p

Mark - it's a 24 yr old spending 58 grand on a hot hatch that's newsworthy!

As I've said before I would have bought more car and less trim/frills if I was spending the same money on a car. But thank God there are people like you who don't mind loosing 30 grand on a car so that the rest us of can get the same car for half the original price! Look after it for the next owner... he/she will appreciate it (if nothing else)!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Any news/specs of the RS3?

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

JHMEG wrote:
    Mark - it's a 24 yr old spending 58 grand on a hot hatch that's newsworthy!

As I've said before I would have bought more car and less trim/frills if I was spending the same money on a car. But thank God there are people like you who don't mind loosing 30 grand on a car so that the rest us of can get the same car for half the original price! Look after it for the next owner... he/she will appreciate it (if nothing else)!

Have a look at used S3s on Carzone, it's taken 6 years for them to lose 30k. :)

2007_0106_150942.jpg
    2007_0106_151016.jpg
    2007_0106_153733.jpg
    2007_0106_153857.jpg
    2007_0106_153947.jpg
    2007_0106_153959.jpg
    2007_0106_154028.jpg
    2007_0106_154042.jpg
    2007_0106_154117.jpg
    2007_0106_154206.jpg
    2007_0106_151125.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Although the 2ltr turbo engine has some disadvantages (eg engine sound) it also has advantages (eg significantly lower tax than eg 3.2ltr R32
    I would reckon if you can afford €58k on an (admittedly gorgeous) new S3 yearly tax on a 3.2 wouldn't really matter. In the OP's position, I'd have gone for an R32 because I'm not massively keen on turbo engines, or at a push a 130i m-sport but each to his own, it's still a lovely motor. Fair play MarkN, enjoy it :)

Advertisement