Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi S3 arriving shortly...

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

JDxtra wrote:
    Very nice car!

...but you're in your mid-20's right? And this car is nearly 60k? I don't get it.

Whats not to get - the guy is doing well financially and is buying a car he wants. So what if he is mid twenties or mid fourties.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

ElCapitano wrote:
    Just wondering where you got your reg plates from mark?
    From the "illegal reg plate shop" by the look of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Mayshine wrote:
    Whats not to get - the guy is doing well financially and is buying a car he wants. So what if he is mid twenties or mid fourties.

Must be doing very well then - or there are some exceptional circumstances? (lotto win / loaded parents??) :)

Most people in their mid-20s wouldn't be able to afford to spend almost 60k on a car but fair play if you can afford to do it without over stretching.

My missus wouldn't let me get away with something like this...! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭omega man

JDxtra wrote:
    Very nice car!

...but you're in your mid-20's right? And this car is nearly 60k? I don't get it.

Man thats such a weird comment. Whats age got to do with it?? Earnings and age dont go hand in hand and also all you need is a half decent salary and good credit to get a loan. I guess his priorities are focused on himself and at that age thats cool. As you get older there's the mortagage, kids and so on. He is so right to do it now while he can, before buying a new car means four doors, big boot and how much can i spend before the wife cuts my nuts off!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

I didn't even ask my parents could I go to a private school when I was 13 so I don't think I'm going to ask them to start buying my cars for me now in my mid 20s. :confused:

And if you're under the thumb JD - that's your own business. ;)

"all you need is a half decent salary and good credit to get a loan. I guess his priorities are focused on himself and at that age thats cool. As you get older there's the mortagage"

I have the mortgage I just don't have the nagging wife but I don't recommend getting yourself a credit type loan for cars though - just has come up in the thread else and anything Bank of Scotland etc can offer you is best avoided.

Ah yes, my illegal plates.

I got them done in Beacon Valeting but you can get them anywhere really. Just ask the guy to leave off the county and hyphens.

I have the 'real' set in the boot so if (and it's a big if) a copper takes exception to them, I'll change them in front of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

MarkN wrote:

I got them done in Beacon Valeting but you can get them anywhere really. Just ask the guy to leave off the county and hyphens.

I have the 'real' set in the boot so if (and it's a big if) a copper takes exception to them, I'll change them in front of him.

I wouldn't worry about the plates, the next time you'll need to put them on is in 4 years time for your NCT.

That' assuming you haven't sold it to me by then:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭sneakyST

It's great to see there are so many begrudgers still knocking about. God I love this country.:D

Nice car MarkN. Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

Cheers Sneaky.. I had a guy in a 06 red ST looking for a bit of a challenge on Sat actually, lovely sound off his car but I was on the phone and my engine was cold :D

I don't understand the great mystery shown by people on here about people in their mid 20s making money in their jobs.

I have friends 25 years of age who are pharmacists and walked from college into jobs paying them €70,000 a year. I think SOME of you need to get out of the late 80s on here and realise you don't need to be 50 and a civil servant to have a few quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Mc-BigE wrote:
    That' assuming you haven't sold it to me by then:D :D

Sorry I got in there way way back. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭sneakyST

MarkN wrote:
    Cheers Sneaky.. I had a guy in a 06 red ST looking for a bit of a challenge on Sat actually, lovely sound off his car but I was on the phone and my engine was cold :D

I don't understand the great mystery shown by people on here about people in their mid 20s making money in their jobs.

I have friends 25 years of age who are pharmacists and walked from college into jobs paying them €70,000 a year. I think SOME of you need to get out of the late 80s on here and realise you don't need to be 50 and a civil servant to have a few quid.

I dont think that was me Mark!:D Maybe when I get mine upgraded I may be in with a shout;)
    Anyway your are probably still running it in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement