Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Were ye in the pub XMas Eve?

Options
  • 25-12-2006 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Now im not a mad drinker and TBH I feel XMas is about family etc, but last night I ended up in the pub. Kinda glad cause I got to see people I won't see for the rest of the XMas etc..

Just wondering who else was out, and what time were ye gettin served til and where?

I staggered home around 11PM, had a lovely walk down by the docks, so peaceful and quiet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Happy Christmas JohnCleary - No swim at Black Rock this Christmas ?!

I haven't touched a drop in over 12 years so no pub for me,sorry to be such a square !

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

was Thrown out of bakers corner at the to 12 on the dot.

its next door to a garda station, so they have to close spot on time.

it was funny, there was about a dozen guards outside making sure there was no trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Happy Christmas JohnCleary - No swim at Black Rock this Christmas ?!

I haven't touched a drop in over 12 years so no pub for me,sorry to be such a square !

Hi Noel, happy XMas to you too. No swim this year, tide was out so didn't have much interest TBH, which was a pitty as it would have quickly cleared my hangover!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

3 o' clock this morning in a country pub on the Clare border. Where obviously there are no laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

3 o' clock this morning in a country pub on the Clare border. Where obviously there are no laws.

Shame on you! :)

Speaking of 3 o clock, what great timing. Didn't leave my mates house (xmas day) until 3 this morning, I quite literly wobbled home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Every year I swear I'll stay away from the pub on Xmas eve, purely for the reason that eating the dinner on xmas day is a nightmare when your hungover. Yet as usual I couldn't resist and ended up in the local till god knows what time. And of course I awoke with a blinding headache and a sick stomach. I ate the dinner but it nearly came up a few times. Next year I think i'll chain myself to the porch, or burn down the local beforehand.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Was in Nockers until they closed at 6, then Blue Note until they closed at 8 and Crane until they closed at 11, then a house party till 2 or 3.
    Felt OK Christmas Day, better than I deserved ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I stayed at home with my family praying for salvation, awaiting the birth of Christ.

All absolutely tanked by the way!

Advertisement