Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fedex - Duty Or Not

Options
  • 25-12-2006 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

I recently purchased a nice piece of kit for my guitar...Line 6 POD XT Live.
    About $450 or €353....comes in fairly big box....probably bigger than the box that comes with a new laptop.

It was posted by Fedex last Monday from good ole US of A...New York.
    The seller put a value of $200 on the customs invoice in case I was caught out. It still hasn't arrived yet.

I was wondering do the Irish customs stop packages from Fedex to charge the tax or will it sail through to my house?

The extra tax might bump it up by €70 or so.
    Does anybody know if Fedex packages go through the customs for taxation reasons?

Thanks,
    Darren.
    :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Yeah they charge tax. It is something which they do as a matter of business. I'd say the €70 is a bit conservative because they also take into account the shipping costs. They also add on their own "administrative" fee.

Does the $450 include shipping?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Yes...all in for that amount....but the seller from New York put the value on the invoice for $200.

Over.

Advertisement