Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem getting PE6 online

Options
  • 25-12-2006 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi I have PE6 for the PC. I can get into the lobby etc for online games but everytime i go to connect with someone for a game it keeps telling me I've lost the connection with the other player. I'm on eircom with a Cayman 3300 series modem. I've opened the UDP ports 5700-5739 but no luck. I've emailed Konami but i doubt I'll get an answer for a while it being Christmas and all, just wondering if anyone else has this problem and/or a solution. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I've opened the UDP ports 5700-5739 but no luck.
    The TCP ports as well ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pat bateman

Yeah done those too, sorry forgot to mention them. I was reading on some other forums that you have to do this through http://192.168.1.1 but I can't access this I keep get a "This page cannot be displayed" error, but the default gateway http://192.168.1.254 opens no problem. Could that be it?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ChairmanCow

I have a Netopia 3347 router from eircom and I kept getting the same message when trying to start a match. I opened all the ports necessary and turned off my computers firewall but still no luck

Frustrated, I went back to my router settings page and there I noticed it had a firewall too. I just set that from "medium" to "off" and it worked! I could connect to players now... Maybe look for that if you havent already. I cant believe I didnt see it:o !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Check the port problem thread below this.

Pretty much covers everything.

kdjac

Advertisement