Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphic glitches in Dark Messiah Might and Magic

Options
  • 25-12-2006 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

When Im playing the PC game Dark Messiah Might and Magic about half an hour into the game I start getting graphic glitches like yellow squares on screen. I have the latest graphic drivers for my Geforce 8800GTS and the December release of DirectX 9.0c and I have also the latest patch for Dark Messiah installed. Is there anyone else having problems with this game? If so please tell me about the problems you are having with this game.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Wrong forum but there is a graphics forum for these sorts of issues.

GeForce 8 drivers are still a little rough round the edges & DM was also a little buggy.

The latest GeForce 8 driver is 97.44

Finally if other software exhibits the problem it could be hardware but if not then is a driver issue & you will have to wait for the next driver release from NVIDIA as they are still ironing out the bugs in the GF8 drivers.

One other issue is it could be temperature related something is causing the GPU to get too hot after prolonged usage though putting 3DMark 06 on a looping run should either confirm or dismiss that theory.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

cashman wrote:
    When Im playing the PC game Dark Messiah Might and Magic about half an hour into the game I start getting graphic glitches like yellow squares on screen. I have the latest graphic drivers for my Geforce 8800GTS and the December release of DirectX 9.0c and I have also the latest patch for Dark Messiah installed. Is there anyone else having problems with this game? If so please tell me about the problems you are having with this game.

I've played it on my 8800GTX and didn't experience any of those issues with either the current drivers, or the earlier ones. Do any other games show such artifacts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Sounds like your 8800 is overheating. Try playing the game with the side planel of your case off.

If it stop now. you know you have a heat problem. So to sort this you have 2 choies.

1. Leave the side of the case off

2. invest in some new cooling. ie. Fans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Buzz_Irl

what psu have u got?

Advertisement