Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32" lcd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Does anyone know if tescos prices are centralized ? So even if it's not maked down instore it will at checkout ?

Yes, they should be. Having worked in their I.T. department though, chances are this isn't always the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

If this deal is being advertised in the papers today does that suggest they'll get more of these in stock in the next few days? Wishful thinking, I know...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

No
    Thanks Etho_ I'll check the Cello in Galway on my way home...can't find any specs on the thing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

blobert wrote:
    If this deal is being advertised in the papers today does that suggest they'll get more of these in stock in the next few days? Wishful thinking, I know...

Someone mentioned there could be more in on Friday?
    Damn tesco, advertising it in the papers! Very unlikely we'll get one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

No
    Whats the Wii like on it through composite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭wba88

No
    blobert wrote:
    Which paper? When does it say the deal starts? Is it the tech 32" or the bush 30"?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Dman001 wrote:

That's muck on ALL lcd tv's.

No
    Dman001 wrote:
    some1 mentioned before (in the last prob 3pages) that they were playin golf on it and they thought they were actually on the course so id say pretty good:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

No
    Anyone who has not got one of them and want one ;) rush to Henry Street Tesco in Dublin City Center.

They are out of stock but they are taking order till tomorrow I guess and then you will get that in next week. They have one for display and the price corretly showing as €399.
    As soon the offer ends the price is going to go back to €899

I just booked 2 of them :D One for me and another one for my friend. You have to pay the money now and then wait for a week. But you will get one for sure.
    Infact there were couple of other guys who booked along with me.

Technofonic one are out of stock even from the distributors so they are not going to make a comeback...

Here goes the spec of the tv.
    http://maxupload.com/img/14C40144.jpg

Product Features
    Integrated Digital and Analogue TV
    Free to view Digital TV
    HDTV Ready, Support 1080i
    Electronic Program Guide
    Digital Teletext
    MHEG 5 for Interactive TV
    Single Tuner Child Lock
    Headphone Jack
    Manual Fine Tuning
    Full Feature Remote Control
    Programmable On/Off Timer
    One Full SCART and One Simple SCART Connection
    150 Channel Program Memory
    16:9 Widescreen Format
    Analogue VGA Input and Digital HDMI Input Port

Manufacturer's Description
    Enjoy the benefits of High Definition TV with the Cello LT0402 32" Widescreen LCD TV. It's large 32" screen will really show off the enhanced detail of High Definition dsiplaying up to 1080i, hook up an HD dvd player through the HDMI port and see movies like you've never seen them before.
    In addtion the Cello LT0402 comes with integrated digital freeview with electronic programme guide, so there is need to buy a separate set top box or fumble with the additional remote control.

There are plenty of options in terms of connectivity, 2 x scart, Analogue VGA and one HDMI mean you should be able hook up all your home entertainment peripherals and a headphone socket so you can watch without disturbing anyone else.

No
    coldfire1x wrote:
    Anyone who has not got one of them and want one ;) rush to Henry Street Tesco in Dublin City Center.
    Do you mean the jervis centre one? got a phone number?

• Advertisement

No
    Update: just rang jervis st. and the nice :eek: girl said they have already taken on far too many orders and so have stopped taking them. :(

No
    wba88 wrote:
    Update: just rang jervis st. and the nice :eek: girl said they have already taken on far too many orders and so have stopped taking them. :(

Know what, not everyone knows about that over there in store, I mean how many they are still going to take order for... When I walked into the store I asked 2 girls and both of them simply said none left including the customer care desk. Then I asked a girl near the electrical depeatment and she said yes they are taking the orders. I suggest if you live near city centre, just go to the store, take a change. I guess its Thus so they will be open till 8pm.

No
    damn it im no where near the city centre in the next few days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 scotia

No
    i tried phoning these guys but they closed at 5.30,i thought they might give me dates and times of any restocking of these t.v's
    Tesco Ireland Stores
    Telephone 1850 744 844 or email customer.services@tesco.ie.
    if anyone else wants to give it a go,you never know.
    You can get the list of stores and the phone numbers here.
    http://www.tesco.ie/help/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

my brother was told by jervis over the phone that they were taking no more orders in store, however he'd already gotten a place on the list reserved earlier, but he still has to go in now and pay

that cello looks like a better tv than the technosonic

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

Re
    Mahon point in Cork I spoke to a guy in their tech department and he said they never got them and weren't going to. He sounded believable because when I mentioned a 32" LCD he knew what I was talking about said they were selling out all around the country. He also didn't appear to be hiding one up his shirt or behind his back. If anyone else has seen any in Cork let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭kmb

There were 2 in youghal this morning.Opted not to get one in the end.

regds,

kieran

No
    I cant promise anything but it may happen....

I have booked 2 tv's that I am going to get by next weekend(6th or 7th Jan). Booked one for me and the other one for my friend. He generally gets the same whatever I take and ofcourse if it's a good bargain ;) Whenever I dont take one for him he always tries to get mine. Well I do the same :D

The thing is, he is out on holidays and returning back only around 10th Jan. Right now I am not sure if he will definatly want one.

So in case if he doesn't want one, I might put that on offer for whoever ask first. And whats better place to put the offer in Bargain Alerts :)

Again guys, I am not promising anything. PM me and leave your mail id or any contact detail if interested and I might get back to one of you.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Just PM'ed you. thegills

No
    me too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Me three.

No
    Tesco will surely do this deal again cos of the big demand?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jmadoyle

mine worked for ten minutes and now refuses to power up, the red light on the front of the tv flashes a few times but wont switch on,

was in newbridge store and they have none to replace it, and will not swap it with the bush as they say that scans in at 899euros

any ideas?

thanks in advance

No
    Thanks for the replies......

I will offer in order of your PM's. If the first doesnt want one by that time it goes to the second.... and so on....

:)

No
    What are those cello ones like and how much are they?Also willl the Bush tv be any good with a 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

No
    jmadoyle wrote:
    was in newbridge store and they have none to replace it, and will not swap it with the bush as they say that scans in at 899euros

any ideas?

thanks in advance

Do they have any of the Cello's? If not tell them that there are more due in next week that should be on sale at €399 and ask them to hold one for you as a replacement.

If you read the AVforum thread on the Technosonic there do seem to be a number of them that have died in the first couple of months of operation, I'm keepin' my fingers crossed.

Tesco in the UK have these TV's in stock albeit at £399 sterling. Irish supplies come from the Tesco warehouse in Chesterfield so it is only a question of them putting a little effort in to get you a replacement.

If they are not playin' ball start threating them with the Office of the Director of Consumer Affairs.

Hope this helps!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

No
    BTW Tesco Direct (UK) are showing the Technosonic in stock, so don't take any horse from them about them not being available.;)

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jmadoyle

Thanks for the reply Do-more, i will get get back in touch with them and let them know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

No
    Mine could be heading the sameway JmaDoyle, but Im thinking its a dicky remote because when you press hard down on 1 it will come on. What did you suggest Do-More?

Cubix

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cul8er

I need one of these and theres none in maynooth :(

Advertisement