Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32" lcd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

got someone to pick me up a technosonic in Ardkeen branch in waterford a couple of hours ago and there were a few..

Sounds like the Cello is better though if it has integrated digital tv tuner?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

No
    I thought the cello one which was reduced wasnt HD?Or is it?

according to coldfires post it is hd ready. even though i got a technosonic i now feel cheated unless someone can tell me its as good as the cello! Integrated digital tuner is a big plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jmadoyle

does anybody know did they drop the price of the BUSH lcd's or was it just the cello ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

No
    according to coldfires post it is hd ready. even though i got a technosonic i now feel cheated unless someone can tell me its as good as the cello! Integrated digital tuner is a big plus.

Cello one is definately HD ready. There was one on display and I checked all the inputs myself. There's a HDMI connector and its clearly written on the tv that its HD ready. And as a bonus it does have a Integrated Digital Tuner :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

No
    coldfire1x wrote:
    Cello one is definately HD ready. There was one on display and I checked all the inputs myself. There's a HDMI connector and its clearly written on the tv that its HD ready. And as a bonus it does have a Integrated Digital Tuner :)

Is this the one coldfire?

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

so-what is the cheapest hd tv anyone has ever seen on mass sale?
    would it be this one[the topic one]?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Paulj

does anyone know if these Cello's are any good? They're getting mixed reviews online. Also, is the price reduction going to be in all stores? Are the BUSH tv's also reduced?
    I just rang the tipperary town store and they know nothing about a price reduction. Needless to say the Technosonic ones are all gone since this morning.

still think its an error that they are selling the cello for same price!

Dunno if anyone noticed my earlier post - but ardkeen tesco in waterford have a few of the techno's as at teatime this evening.

No
    still think its an error that they are selling the cello for same price!

No error, an email was sent out from headoffice today about midday telling them to reduce the price.

If any of you see a cello in stock somewhere even if it is priced at €899, put it in your trolley and get them to check their emails or with headoffice! You should get it for €399!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

No
    None of any of the TV's now in Galway..and I still haven't got one..:(

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Tesco Letterkenny have none of either the 32" Cello or the 30" Bush in stock.

I'd really love one of either the Technosonic or the Cello. I had even contemplated travelling down to Waterford, though I saw sense... :) Not pushed on the Bush gear. I'll have to keep a closer eye on this thread for updates!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Sounds like the Cello is better though if it has integrated digital tv tuner?

not much good in this country as we dont even know what standard will be used when DTT kicks off properly

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭TJM

No
    Update on Clonmel - Technosonic and Cello sold out (bought the last Cello!). They had the Bush 30" in stock for €379.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

No
    Do-more wrote:
    Is this the one coldfire?

Thats exactly the one :)

It worked out to be £266 (€399). Quite a bargain compared to Amazon :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Nothing in Cork this evening :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

My brother bought the Bush 30" today in Clare Hall for €379.
    Helped him install it with a VESA wallbracket.
    I have to say its a decent enough TV.
    Comes with a VGA cable to connect to PC
    Bargain of the decade I'd say!

apparently they were selling Bush 26" LCD's today as well. Anyone know what price they were. Bro says there were about 20 left at 2pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Dark Hair

apparently they were selling Bush 26" LCD's today as well. Anyone know what price they were. Bro says there were about 20 left at 2pm

As far as I know..when I bought the Bush30... the 26 inch were not part of the new deal/sale.

What is scary about all this is the margins that they must be making at normal prices.

I have yet to hook up my bush.. but will the PC res over ride the TV one?

On another note... if you want a good LCD.. then these are more than enough. They make good HUGE pc monitors/game screens too :) But if you are a techno freak who wants the best of the best and uses gold plated every thing for optimal pic/sound/mega money surround kit.... then you are probably best sticking with the high end/expensive Sony etc.

Simona1986 wrote:
    + there is another tesco another 5 min further again - Rathfarnham shopping centre. Hasn't been metnioned here.

They don't do the TV's etc.

And it is 5 mins away when you are in Nutgrove.. unless you are a blow in to Dublin like me.. and you drive back to firhouse.... get on the M50... and as you pull into Dundrum you see a sign for Rathfarnham and think.."hang on a sec........" :D

• Advertisement

No
    Dark Hair wrote:
    And it is 5 mins away when you are in Nutgrove.. unless you are a blow in to Dublin like me.. and you drive back to firhouse.... get on the M50... and as you pull into Dundrum you see a sign for Rathfarnham and think.."hang on a sec........" :D

Priceless, Dark Hair, bleedin' priceless!

invest4deepvalue.com

No
    If the cello tvs are cheap and HD then why isnt everyone buying one?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Well, I would buy one, except my local Tesco hasn't any in stock. I would buy either the Technosonic or the Cello.

Dman001 wrote:
    If the cello tvs are cheap and HD then why isnt everyone buying one?
    I hope that was sarcasm

No
    I hope that was sarcasm
    It wasnt sarcasm.I am just wondering why there is not much hype about the cello tvs.I still dont really believe it is HD

Everyone is trying to buy them! They are hard to get.
    They are HD

Dman001 wrote:
    It wasnt sarcasm.I am just wondering why there is not much hype about the cello tvs.I still dont really believe it is HD

For the record. There were none of the Techno/Bush/Cello in Nutgrove or Tallaght/square. Dundrum only had a few Bush 30 available but I'd say they are well gone. No Cello or Technosonic

Defo none in the Square as of Seven tonight. That is not to say any of the above might take delivery of poleberrys pallet tomorrow morning :)

Dundrum had a load of the bush 26 inch though (If they are now going cheap) They were HD if I recall correctly.

I am nearly sure it was this one... http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-1910.aspx

Taken from Tesco.com @ 429.97 STG!
    Bush IDLCD26TV22HD 26" HD LCD TV
    Catalogue number: 100-1910

No
    Anyone know if mullingar tesco sells tvs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭playstation

ehhh no they dont sometimes theyd have the odd tv but rarely
    :confused:

• Advertisement

No
    ehhh no they dont sometimes theyd have the odd tv but rarely
    :confused:
    Thanks

Advertisement