Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32" lcd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭positron

I have the tesco technosonic 32" up and running with Sky basic (http://picasaweb.google.com/positronie/Technosonic32InchLCD), picture quality is acceptable, but I am rather concerned about the audio - sounds really cheap and strange at low volumes (0-15) , around 20 everything sounds normal. Is this just my set, or anyone notice anything like that?

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

No
    hi guys i managed to grab one of them tecknologic sets on wensday, the craic was that athlone had 5 in but only 1 managed to make it out of the stock room.. anyone know why tesco only got such few in, there getting as bad as Aldi & Lidl!

No
    Has anyone tried athlone for A cello t.v? they had a good few left on the shelf
    on wensday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

No
    @Positron Sound seems fine on my set. What's weird with yours below 20?
    Something I noticed when I first powered the set up is that the standby light flickered bright and dim for a couple of seconds. Does this happen with anyone else?
    Also I turned the set off completely this morning(via switch@rear) and turned it back on tonight and it didn't want to come out of standby.Set didn't respond to any means of turning on by remote or any buttons on the set itself.
    After about 1min it came to life. I'm used to sets with a slow start up but at least they'd show some response from the remote/buttons with the on/standby light flickering,even if the screen itself hadn't come to life.
    I'm wondering if the set needs some time in standby before it responds to any input or if I may have a fault in the pipe line.
    Does yours come on instantly,give or take the usual few seconds?
    From working with TVs a couple of years ago in the service end of things,certain TVs when faulty would flash the standby light as a sort of engineers code to say I'm sick.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Alkers

No
    IIRC mine flickered the first time aswell. Mine takes about 20seconds to come on from a cold start. Nothing wrong with the sound here either. It seems the remote functions during this time. Turning it off and back on again when it's warm it's a lot quicker. In the manual it says something about taking up to ten minutes to display optimal picture quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

No
    Dman001 wrote:
    Anyone know if mullingar tesco sells tvs?

Yeh, I got a technosonic there on Wednesday morning, (my mate got another one, the other four never made it out of the stockroom) went back 3.30pm yesterday to get a Cello for another mate and all 9 that were reduced to €399 were bought by staff before the customers ever knew anything about it.

Best bet is to go in and try and book one "a la Jervis street" don't expect the staff to be too helpful though;)

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Mine takes about 20seconds to come on from a cold start

Some Philips TV's used to take longer!
    You'd have sound for 10 seconds before the picture. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

i think arklow has some of these tv's, they also have the 42 bush tv also

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Are the bush one's supposed to be reduced ?

Seen them at 899

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

A little off the topic.
    Richersounds.ie are selling "Branded" TV's very cheaply
    Philips 42" LCD for €999:eek:

*EDIT Prices are Sterling SORRY*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

A little off the topic.
    Richersounds.ie are selling "Branded" TV's very cheaply
    Philips 42" LCD for €999:eek:

*EDIT Prices are Sterling SORRY*

Are these guys reliable - I saw a nice Philips 32" for far cheaper than Komplett.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

MICKEYG wrote:
    Are these guys reliable - I saw a nice Philips 32" for far cheaper than Komplett.

Oops - they are Sterling prices

• Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭positron

TaxMan and others,

The red light blinked a few times when I turned on the very first time. I haven't cold-started it since. To start from standby, it blinks the red light a few times, and it takes 5-10 seconds for the picture to apear. Annoying, but not too bad. Picture quality is brilliant with certain ads on telly, most cartoons etc, but some channels look a bit blurry - nothing to do with the tv so.

The sound - it just doesn't sound right between 0-20. For instance, watching TopGear again, if you were not looking at the screen, it would take you a few seconds to figure out who is talking - was it Clarkson or a guest? 'Distorted' is the only word I can think of to explain it - GF thinks it sounds like watching a bad pirated dvd. I had a Orion tv before this, and though its cheap, it has pretty good audio capabilities. It could be that... I don't know what to do now. May be stick a 2.1 speaker system under it or something!?

Sky remote works fine to turn on/off the tv - it was setup for Orion before, and I didn't change anything.

I will try cold-starting again later today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cul8er

can anyone confirm what store have the technosonic???
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jmadoyle

I was told by the manager in Newbridge that they are not getting any more in,
    and will only give a refund on the TV. can anyone confirm the price of the bush 32" tv's as the Manager says they have not been reduced, tesco's customer service department are also useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

No
    Just wondering whats the benifit in this country to having a tv (Cello)with a built in digital tuner.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭wba88

No
    cubix wrote:
    Just wondering whats the benifit in this country to having a tv (Cello)with a built in digital tuner.

Thanks
    Only thing i can think of is selling it on to sum1 in england/sum1 moving to england/yourself moving plus it sounds good to the untrained ear!:D I would rather have it than not if i had a choice though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

cubix wrote:

Thanks

no benefit

and no benefit having hd

and crts have a better picture

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Yes Its deffo €399.
    Tesco claire hall.??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

green123 wrote:
    no benefit

and no benefit having hd

is there not a benefit if you can get reception of rte's digital trials going on at the moment? and being future proofed?

is there not a benefit if you want to hook up an xbox 360 or if you want to subscribe to Sky's HD service? To watch HD television?

Do Crt's have a better picture if you are watching a HD broadcast?....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

green123 wrote:
    no benefit

and no benefit having hd

Very short sighted of you....have you ever seen HD? Sky Sports HD, Sky Movies HD? If you had then you would see a benefit....

Also if you own a 360 or PS3 you will really see the difference between a CRT and HD....Also my LCD looks great with just NTL digital and better than most CRT's I have seen....don't go to power city and go 'oh the picture is crap' because they have all the signals daisy chained from one SD signal.....

Was in Claire Hall last night, no cheap TV's left...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Alkers

No
    positron wrote:
    TaxMan and others,

The red light blinked a few times when I turned on the very first time. I haven't cold-started it since. To start from standby, it blinks the red light a few times, and it takes 5-10 seconds for the picture to apear. Annoying, but not too bad. Picture quality is brilliant with certain ads on telly, most cartoons etc, but some channels look a bit blurry - nothing to do with the tv so.

The sound - it just doesn't sound right between 0-20. For instance, watching TopGear again, if you were not looking at the screen, it would take you a few seconds to figure out who is talking - was it Clarkson or a guest? 'Distorted' is the only word I can think of to explain it - GF thinks it sounds like watching a bad pirated dvd. I had a Orion tv before this, and though its cheap, it has pretty good audio capabilities. It could be that... I don't know what to do now. May be stick a 2.1 speaker system under it or something!?

Sky remote works fine to turn on/off the tv - it was setup for Orion before, and I didn't change anything.

I will try cold-starting again later today.
    Try headphones through the socket on the RHS.

only a tiny percentage of people have sky hd
    most people buy televisions to watch television not play games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭wba88

No
    but in the future sky hd will become cheaper and more common thus becoming very convenient to have a hd tv

• Registered Users Posts: 30,230 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

green123 wrote:
    only a tiny percentage of people have sky hd
    most people buy televisions to watch television not play games

well if you want a big tv, crts are pretty limited. for somebody buying a new tv, in most cases going for a hd lcd plasma etc makes much more sense than a crt

by then the tvs will be cheaper too
    and the technology will have improved so they will be able to produce a clear picture

eolhc wrote:
    well if you want a big tv, crts are pretty limited. for somebody buying a new tv, in most cases going for a hd lcd plasma etc makes much more sense than a crt

well if you want a nice looking tele maybe
    but id prefer a nice picture

• Registered Users Posts: 30,230 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

wba88 wrote:
    but in the future sky hd will become cheaper and more common thus becoming very convenient to have a hd tv

sky will always be a rip off ;)

hd content is getting more popular and will get cheaper, so it makes sense to get a hd tv.

No
    has anyone tried Rosscommon / longford town for the cello tellys?
    i tried athlone, nothing left but 26 inch's....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

spongbob wrote:
    i tried athlone, nothing left but 26 inch's....

That's funny. I went down to tesco's last night the manager said they hadnt even got them yet that the shipment was late wont be in for a few days.

Advertisement