Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32" lcd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Hi Everyone,

I've been out of touch for a while but will be able to provide you with actual facts tomorrow afternoon about any upcoming or existing deals.

Keep popping back here.

Jarvis;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

does anyone know if the cello has component inputs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

No
    Much appreciated jarvis;) . On another note can anyone who has hooked up their xbox360 tell me if they are getting sound using the green/red/blue(HD) leads as I have mine in what I think is the right connectors on the back of the tv and am getting picture but no sound. Sound works perfect when using scart on normally tv setting

Thanks Cubix

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭wba88

No
    jarvis wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

I've been out of touch for a while but will be able to provide you with actual facts tomorrow afternoon about any upcoming or existing deals.

Keep popping back here.

Jarvis;)
    Good stuff thanx jarvis really looking forward to a new tv (current tv is way too old/big!)

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

cubix wrote:
    Much appreciated jarvis;) . On another note can anyone who has hooked up their xbox360 tell me if they are getting sound using the green/red/blue(HD) leads as I have mine in what I think is the right connectors on the back of the tv and am getting picture but no sound. Sound works perfect when using scart on normally tv setting

Thanks Cubix

sound working fine from Xbox from the stereo leads
    there are some audio out connectors right next to the input ones , ensure they are in the correct ones

• Advertisement

bennyx_o wrote:
    How do you have yours conencted? I've used the standard Scart cable that came with the Sky+ box and the picture is pretty good.

set your Sky box to output in RGB and still use the scart , u should notice an improvement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭wba88

No
    This is the best thread of the year if i get a tv :D

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

wba88 wrote:
    This is the best thread of the year if i get a tv :D

I totally agree. Off down the in-laws this weekend. Will be popping into Tesco in Portlaoise and Tullamore on the off chance. Not sure what the internet is like down there.

No
    Formatman I have included a couple of pics. The picture of the connectors inside the orange box is the one I am using to try and get the xbox360 working via HD. As said before I am getting video but no sound. Can anyone tell me what the different colours do ie which is for vid/left sound/right sound

Thanks Cubix

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

No
    And I think Jarvis seeing as I was the first person to reply to this thread any inside info should be given to me seeing as I haven't been able to get one yet :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

green123 wrote:
    by then the tvs will be cheaper too
    and the technology will have improved so they will be able to produce a clear picture

Don't know what TV's you have been looking at but if you have the right set-up, i.e. not even SKY HD, LCD's /Plasmas do produce great pictures also I think gaming on TV's is alot more widespread than you think...

3D TV is on it's way...so maybe you can wait for that...technology always moves forward, by the time some people will get an LCD or Plasma their will be something new on the block...some people waited years to get widescreen CRT's by the time they did LCD and Plasma came about...

http://stuff.tv/news/id-4433/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Tis an excellent thread but frankly I dont need a new tv,I already have a spare one which I hardly ever use.
    I read an article in Spectrum (IEEE flagship publication) a few weeks back about the future of tv's and it seems that LCD's have a very short lifespan.
    5-7 years after which the contrast fades hugely and the picture becomes a washed out white.
    I'm going to wait on a few more years until the technology is improved .

cubix wrote:
    Formatman I have included a couple of pics. The picture of the connectors inside the orange box is the one I am using to try and get the xbox360 working via HD. As said before I am getting video but no sound. Can anyone tell me what the different colours do ie which is for vid/left sound/right sound

Thanks Cubix

you ignore the yellow connector for video and connect the white and red into the white red audio ? RIGHT of the orange box n ur pic

Set the Xbox to output video in 1080i also

might have to set the xbox to stereo if it was at optical audio also ?, haven't found my optical cable from old Xbox to use yet with the 360

cubix wrote:

Thanks Cubix

the component video ones are colour coded on the tv Y for green ,Rp for Blue Pr for RED ( the X box lead has these three in a group with the Yellow which you ignore ) and the Left Right audio is segregated on the lead

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Excuse my ignorance but why do the photos posted by positron show the images not filling the whole screen i.e they look more 4:3 than 16:9 - is this easily fixed or does it depend on how it is broadcast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

And I think Jarvis seeing as I was the first person to reply to this thread any inside info should be given to me seeing as I haven't been able to get one yet :(

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Excuse my ignorance but why do the photos posted by positron show the images not filling the whole screen i.e they look more 4:3 than 16:9 - is this easily fixed or does it depend on how it is broadcast?

you set the tv to 16:9 rather than the auto option and it fills the screen then

• Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭positron

Thanks formatman - I now know why I shouldn't have posted them like that...

podgeandrodge, I had left the tv to 'auto' which means it will change the mode based on the channel (rte and sky etc 16:9 came up as fullscreen, where as tv3, CNN etc 4:3). If you set the TV to 16:9 or 14:9 or Zoom or Cinema, it tweaks the channels to fit the entire screen. However, if the broadcast is not matching the apsect ratio of the tv, you will either miss bits (subtitles, tickers etc) or would see people unusually fat/slim etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

So whats the virdict on this tv? is it worth the cash? might pick up 1 if the views are good

No
    Cheers FormatMan, will give it a shot;)

Cubix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

No
    Tis an excellent thread but frankly I dont need a new tv,I already have a spare one which I hardly ever use.
    I read an article in Spectrum (IEEE flagship publication) a few weeks back about the future of tv's and it seems that LCD's have a very short lifespan.
    5-7 years after which the contrast fades hugely and the picture becomes a washed out white.
    I'm going to wait on a few more years until the technology is improved .

Are you going to stick to a tv for more than 5 years?? With the technology changing so fast...... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cul8er

How can this thread be good if only like 10 people got these tv's LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

positron wrote:
    Thanks formatman - I now know why I shouldn't have posted them like that...

podgeandrodge, I had left the tv to 'auto' which means it will change the mode based on the channel (rte and sky etc 16:9 came up as fullscreen, where as tv3, CNN etc 4:3). If you set the TV to 16:9 or 14:9 or Zoom or Cinema, it tweaks the channels to fit the entire screen. However, if the broadcast is not matching the apsect ratio of the tv, you will either miss bits (subtitles, tickers etc) or would see people unusually fat/slim etc...

Thanks formatman and Positron. Makes sense now!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

coldfire1x wrote:
    Are you going to stick to a tv for more than 5 years?? With the technology changing so fast...... ;)
    Well my main Tv is a Sony Trinitron 32 inch widescreen.
    Its about 9 years old,I paid 1000 punts at the time.
    Its a fabulous tv,never had a days bother out of it and both the picture and sound are exquisite.
    I'd expect it to last another 6 years anyway.
    LCD prices are falling all the time and the power consumption ratings are getting more efficient plus the technology and longevity is getting better so I reckon I'll hold off for a year or two.

No
    Mossy Monk wrote:
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Someone takes these posts too seriously.... (Jarvis I mean it lol)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

woodyg wrote:
    So whats the virdict on this tv? is it worth the cash? might pick up 1 if the views are good

And where do you plan on picking one up?

Aquos76 wrote:
    And where do you plan on picking one up?

its well worth 400

If you like black when its meant to be black on screen , the grey will bug the hell out of you and take some getting used too

the sound is actually quite good , even the surround sounds half decent , good enough when you don't want to turn on the home cinema amp just to veg through channels

overall any critisisms you can through at the tv , you just tell yourself ...400 Euros ...400 Euros

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Someone takes these posts too seriously....

yes, and whats the issue with that?

No
    Anyone care to post some nice pics of the XBOX360 hooked up ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

No
    Has anybody succeeded in booking a telly in any store other than Jervis st.?

I'm sorted myself but have a few mates mad to get their hands on one.

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement