Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32" lcd

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

formatman wrote:
    its well worth 400

If you like black when its meant to be black on screen , the grey will bug the hell out of you and take some getting used too

the sound is actually quite good , even the surround sounds half decent , good enough when you don't want to turn on the home cinema amp just to veg through channels

overall any critisisms you can through at the tv , you just tell yourself ...400 Euros ...400 Euros

I think you misread the word "Where" with "why"?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

No
    Re:
    Joebhoy1916

That's funny. I went down to tesco's last night the manager said they hadnt even got them yet that the shipment was late wont be in for a few days.

Originally Posted by spongbob
    i tried athlone, nothing left but 26 inch's....

Thats funny When i picked up my tecknosonic on wensday they had at least 4 32inch's cello's on the top shelf, directly in front of the meat counter! there was no sale on with the Cello so i didn't buy one..

Has anyone tries Rosscommon / Longford Town center for Cello's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

No
    spongbob wrote:
    Has anyone tries Roscommon / Longford Town center for Cello's

Edenderry might be a soft target too?

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

There must be loads of branches in Dublin that haven't even been mentioned.
    Rathmines, Sandymount, Merrion centre etc.
    Have these got them or are people just keeping the head down waiting for them to be delivered on the QT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Dark Hair

okidoki987 wrote:
    Have these got them or are people just keeping the head down waiting for them to be delivered on the QT?

Only a few do Electrical etc. Space issues and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Seems the Mallow branch did have the 32 inch Technosonics after all.
    My inside man only found out today ,obviously the staff hoarded all the sets for themselves and kept it quiet.
    Whats the point of having a promotion like this if
    a)You dont publicise it
    b)Your staff keep all the stock for themselves
    Seems pretty pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

They still sold all of them, so what do they care?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

They still sold all of them, so what do they care?
    They sold them at a major loss.
    The whole promotion was a loss leader.
    The idea is to gain publicity .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

No
    They sold them at a major loss.
    The whole promotion was a loss leader.
    The idea is to gain publicity .
    I know that they were loss leaders, but I can't figure out how Tesco thought they were going to recoup the loss. I mean the TV was heavy and bulky and if you put it into your trolley, you'd have no room to buy anything else. They also didn't publicise it that well so if it wasn't for this thread many people would have only seen the TV while shopping there. In response to the unexpected demand, they then reduced the prices of other TVs to such low prices that they must have been making another massive loss on them.

They may receive some publicity over it, but it will all be too late. Who'll pay any attention to a story about Tescos' expired offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

)Your staff keep all the stock for themselves

Reminds me of the 50% off computer sale :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

No
    jasus boys what am i thinking i better remove my last post just incase anyone from tesco H/O see's it and cops on what happened ha ha (ya never know who could be watching this board!) lol
    - - - - - - -
    (for all of those who did se mye post wasn't it nice of tesco to give me all them vouchours) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I know that they were loss leaders, but I can't figure out how Tesco thought they were going to recoup the loss.

Retail psychology, innit. The reasoning is that you'll be "grateful" to Tesco and it will create/reinforce brand loyalty, and you'll come back to them more often.
    Even I - who worked for them this year and was so disgusted by the way they work - as someone who actively avoids purchasing anything in Tesco even though it's my nearest supermarket, would probably have made an exception to buy this TV had I been able to.

Also, look at all the free publicity they got! By the time they advertised the offer, all the TV's had sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Julesie

podge3 wrote:
    The stand just clips off - no need to undo screws or "cut" it off as someone suggested!!!

There are two holes on the back of the set just above the stand. Just insert a screwdriver and the stand will pop off.

I'm having real trouble getting the stand off. The two holes you mention... are they the two with what looks like white plastic in them or are the the two empty spaces just above the stand similar to the hole where the power cable comes out.
    I have tried pulling, pushing, sliding... etc from every angle but the stand ain't budging

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I'd send it back.
    In fact I'll deliver it back for you and give you the money for it
    to save you going to the effort of bringing it back! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

okidoki987 wrote:
    I'd send it back.
    In fact I'll deliver it back for you and give you the money for it
    to save you going to the effort of bringing it back! ;)

second that offer

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

No
    okidoki987 wrote:
    Merrion Centre won't have them. I spoke to a senior guy there the morning of the offer, and he told me to hightail it to Stillorgan. Tesco Sandymount is a dump - never seen elecrical stuff there either.

Walked past Tesco Rathmines last night but was drunk and didn't go in! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

Whats the point of having a promotion like this if

b)Your staff keep all the stock for themselves
    Seems pretty pointless.

staff are customers too you know

• Registered Users Posts: 30,183 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

well they get to hide the tvs in the stock room and buy them at the end of the day, so they have an unfair advantage. Really not much point in a sale if real customers can't buy them. If staff want them tesco should make a limited amount of stock available to them
    Good marks for tescos reduced price, bad marks off for some staff hoarding

• Registered Users Posts: 46,005 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Not while they're working

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

No
    guys, when i turn on mine it takes about 8-10 seconds before the picture comes on, the wee reed light flashes during this time,

this being my 1st lcd i was wondering if this was normal? Warming up ect?

• Advertisement

No
    Smithers wrote:
    guys, when i turn on mine it takes about 8-10 seconds before the picture comes on, the wee reed light flashes during this time,

this being my 1st lcd i was wondering if this was normal? Warming up ect?

Don't panic mine does the exact same it's just warming up, someone said earlier in the thread that some brands take 20secs to come on!

BTW Muppetkiller did you get your PM from Jarvis? I got mine;)

invest4deepvalue.com

No
    sweet cheers, i was keeeping up woth the thread but goddamit it moved fast!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cul8er

?any left antwhere?

No
    cul8er wrote:
    ?any left antwhere?

Keep checkin' back here, we are waiting on an update from Jarvis, looks like the cello 32" may be coming back in stock at €399 next week, but for the moment that's not confirmed...

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,312 ✭✭✭CH3OH

No
    Julesie wrote "I'm having real trouble getting the stand off"
    It is like Podge3 quoted. I found it difficult to get the stand off also. You need to push a screwdriver hard against the white plastic as you described.
    I turned the telly with the stand facing up and pulled the stand as I inserted a screwdriver. It might be easier with 2 people. You definitely don't want to break the TV!

I have mine on a stand I got in Argos for 109 and it doesn't look too bad at all.

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=30001&langId=-1&catalogId=10151&productId=643332&clickfrom=name

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

Do-more wrote:
    Keep checkin' back here, we are waiting on an update from Jarvis, looks like the cello 32" may be coming back in stock at €399 next week, but for the moment that's not confirmed...

Was just told not 30mins ago that the Cello was a one day special from the tech department guy in roscommon, and theres none left , of the cello or the technosonic's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

got one of the cello ones in tesco in clonmel on thursday pm. looked to have a load of both those and the technosonic on the shelves although they were flying out. might be worth a phone call.

anyone know what the sky remote code for the cello is? says 0065 on the sky website for all cello but that doesnt work

delighted with mine to be honest. only prob is that the picture goes funny when i put on tv3. it flickers between black and white and colour. not that it bothers me greatly for 399 yoyos

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Good point. I tried the code given by Sky for the Technosonic TV and it doesn't work. Anyone got any others?

No
    bennyx_o wrote:
    Good point. I tried the code given by Sky for the Technosonic TV and it doesn't work. Anyone got any others?

the code is on av forums, i think its the same as the thomson one, try them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

So it seems I was putting the code in wrong. :o 065 works fine for me.

Advertisement