Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32" lcd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

only prob is that the picture goes funny when i put on tv3.

That's not the TV, it's TV3!

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

No
    bennyx_o wrote:
    So it seems I was putting the code in wrong. :o 065 works fine for me.

tks ...065 working here as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

No
    Was just told not 30mins ago that the Cello was a one day special from the tech department guy in roscommon, and theres none left , of the cello or the technosonic's

Not sure whats the price going to be for the cello ones but I think some of them are definately going to come next week in some stores. I am going to get mine next week that I booked last Thus so they have to be in stock. I was there in Jervis centre today for grocery shoppoing ;) and I saw there was one still on display. Altough they have removed the price tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Here's what happened:
    The Technosonic was the big January sale offer that was planned by Tesco.
    They advertised this in Thursdays Indo and Herald, However.....
    Some people got wind of the offer and approached members of management in stores on Wednesday Morning and these Managers sold the tv's as they were only told that they were not to be sold pre Xmas.
    The ad was already placed, so by the time it printed most (nearly all) of the tv's were gone.
    In order to relieve customer tension they then reduced the prices on the Bush and Cello LCD's to match the sold out offer. None of these lines are all year round range and are very hard to secure so therefore when they are gone they are gone. The Cello and Bush TV's were hanging around since before Xmas and were probably due a price decrease to clear remaining stock in any way just probably not as much of a decrease as they got.

If there are anymore of these around the country that haven't sold, they will most likely be gathered up and given to a bigger store to clear the stock. If this does happen I will post back here but it's only a slim chance.

Jarvis:D

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jimbobwalton

Thanks jarvis for the update

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭positron

jarvis wrote:
    ...Some people got wind of the offer...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭pissed

No
    Originally Posted by jarvis
    ...Some people got wind of the offer...

more like a hurricane :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 joey90

Hi all,
    I got one of these on Thursday morning in Tesco's in Poleberry Waterford, after seeing this thread on Wednesday night, and trying every other Tesco's in Waterford. Apparently they got 90 of these, and had about 15 left when I got mine @ 8:10am, by 12:30 they were all gone. All the other stores in Waterford only got 4 - 6 of them which sold in minutes on the Wednesday.

I must say for the money, I'm very pleased. Right the picture is not razor sharp, wow factor great, but it is good enough for the money. Anything I've seen that is razor sharp is about 1200 - 1600 euros. All the connections that you would ever need, menus are very straight forward, sound is very good. Overall I'd give it a 6-7 out of 10.

Thanks all who contributed for the heads up on this! :)
    That's my 2 cents.
    Joey90

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DrummerBoy

So my Dad ended up getting the last Cello in Finglas a few days ago. Thing is it was a display model so no box, remote or manual. We picked up a universal remote for it but i can't figure out the three digit code I need for it to work.

Tried the net but to no avail. Anyone know a working code by any chance? :)
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

just want to check im not doing anything wrong,

point remote away from tv and press tv button. hold down select and red button til it blinks twice, enter the code. if 3 digit press select after, 4 digit blinks twice automatically.

mine is the Cello model by the way.

tried all the following codes to no avail
    0065 (from sky web page)
    065 (as above)
    653 (as earlier in the thread)

even tried using the 990 code to get the blinks back, giving me 652 or 0652 which didnt work either. any help much appreciated, too used to having just the sky remote only on my previous philips. gona try the other sky remote ive lying around in case one im using is an older model

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

is there any more gona come in?

I rang Roselawn and she said that theyll be getting another delivery, they dont stock it so maybe she doesnt know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Don't suppose theres any of these left in Galway? Anyone got a phone number for them? Tesco website isint very useful

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

JohnCleary wrote:
    Don't suppose theres any of these left in Galway? Anyone got a phone number for them? Tesco website isint very useful
    Tesco Stores Ballinasloe Sarsfield Road Ballinasloe Galway
    1890 928414
    Tesco Stores Galway Galway Shopping Centre Headford Road Galway
    1890 928402

http://159.134.203.172/search.asp?source=Eircom Very handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭imeatingchips

http://159.134.203.172/search.asp?source=Eircom

savage link. i'll be savin that fella

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭s8n

my offer still stands...Anyone got a spare 32", drop me a pm and I'll match what you paid. Cant say fairer than that, Happy New Year

Lol me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

s8n wrote:
    I'll match what you paid. Cant say fairer than that

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭podge3

Julesie wrote:
    I'm having real trouble getting the stand off. The two holes you mention... are they the two with what looks like white plastic in them or are the the two empty spaces just above the stand similar to the hole where the power cable comes out.
    I have tried pulling, pushing, sliding... etc from every angle but the stand ain't budging
    Did you manage to remove the stand?

I now have mine wall mounted and the stand came off very easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

No
    anyone got any more pics of how it looks wall mounted?

also what mount they used?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭s8n

anyone interested in my offer ??

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Julesie

podge3 wrote:
    Did you manage to remove the stand?

I now have mine wall mounted and the stand came off very easily.

Yep eventually got it. Just required a little more pressure i guess. Actually bought two of the tv's... once i had got the first one off the second seemed a lot easier. Thanks for the help though the tv's look great wall mounted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

No
    Julesie wrote:
    Yep eventually got it. Just required a little more pressure i guess. Actually bought two of the tv's... once i had got the first one off the second seemed a lot easier. Thanks for the help though the tv's look great wall mounted.

Show some pics of it wallmounted if you would and the mount u used?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

It's looking likely that there will be more next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

good news my good man, keep us informed. thanks.

what store do you work in btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭mcdonnst

No
    sounds good, will they be there by sat as im going away for 10 days on sun?
    Can we pre book them?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jimbobwalton

Thanks again JArvis...will the cork store be getting some too and will they be still 399

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

jarvis wrote:

I was sent this an hour ago
    Hi darkmaster2,

Unfortunately we have sold through all stock of this item & we are not currently expecting anymore into our stores.

Apologies that we could not be of service to you on this occasion.

Many thanks,
    Customer Services.
    Tesco Ireland
    Ph: 1800 248123

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

No
    jarvis wrote:

Sounds like Tesco will be hosting a "Boards Meet" sometime soon. ;)

Methinks I would pick up a second one given the opportunity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

No
    Thanks again JArvis...will the cork store be getting some too and will they be still 399

ya id love to know if they are coming in the cork store.. id love to pick one up they are such good value!

Advertisement