Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32" lcd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

What shops Jarvis do you know will stock them, are they getting the same amount?

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭TJM

No
    quintron wrote:
    Whats the Cello like? Anyone get one of the 32" Cellos? Any images, reviews or linkys?
    I mean, how does it stock up to a top brand name like techtronic like.. :D
    Thanks.
    It's not bad at all. Crisp picture from the Sky box or DVD - don't have a HD source so can't comment on that. No signs of motion blur watching sports or fast moving DVDs. On screen controls intuitive and easy to use. Not as sleek as the technosonic (the silver frame is obtrusive) and wouldn't look as good wall mounted but for the price you can't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭mcdonnst

No
    Thanks for the info,
    Will this be put in the newspapers as well for the Thurs or do we have a head start

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭wba88

No
    We should make a list of all Tesco's, under county headings, that stock tvs. Its quick for ppl and then ppl will stop askin the same question over and over. good idea??

• Registered Users Posts: 46,004 ✭✭✭✭muffler

TBH some people just want spoon fed. We even had somebody last week offering to pay the same money and buy it from anyone who had a "spare".

FFS people get off your asses and read the papers, ring the stores, stand out all night if you have to. You have been given a piece of very useful information here so the rest is up to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭wba88

No
    muffler wrote:
    TBH some people just want spoon fed
    So true. TBH i was just getting sick of reading 'does any1 know if ______ stock tvs??' posts

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Any idea if the Cello 26" DVD combo is coming back in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭s8n

muffler wrote:
    TBH some people just want spoon fed. We even had somebody last week offering to pay the same money and buy it from anyone who had a "spare".

FFS people get off your asses and read the papers, ring the stores, stand out all night if you have to. You have been given a piece of very useful information here so the rest is up to you.

Thats was me and my offer still stands.
    Actually, I'll make it worth your while, if someone picks me up one on the 11th, I'll give them €400. Easiest Euro you will ever make.
    Pm me.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

in defence of s8n, he did offer the money after everywhere was sold out, so how could he go look everywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

Compak wrote:
    Is there anyway to take advantage of this knowledge. Do tesco allow prebookings? Or will the homeware manager even admit/know they are coming in.

For a 24 hour store like maynooth -where i lost out despite being there at 9 am day after stephens last time- what time will they be put on sale, 12am?
    Apparantly the delivery could come in at any time during the night. (I asked today)

The manager had no idea about the TV's coming back in either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

Compak wrote:
    Is there anyway to take advantage of this knowledge. Do tesco allow prebookings? Or will the homeware manager even admit/know they are coming in.

For a 24 hour store like maynooth -where i lost out despite being there at 9 am day after stephens last time- what time will they be put on sale, 12am?

I'm pretty certain that in 24hr stores it's 3 a.m. when the prices kick in so they should be on sale around then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭s8n

I'm pretty certain that in 24hr stores it's 3 a.m. when the prices kick in so they should be on sale around then.

Cool.....Can anyone confirm / Deny this ??

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I guess, we'll just have to loiter in Tesco from 3am! :D

Thanks for the info Jarvis.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

No
    Pity I didn't read the thread earlier, I was just in Tesco Mullingar and asked the Homewares manager if they would have the 32" tellies in next week at €399, he started stumbling and stammering "eh, eh, eh, have you heard something?" then denied he had heard anything about this! he probably wasn't lying as he would have "read" the email rather than have listened to it.:D I'd love to go back in and ask him what time Thursday they will be on sale.

For anyone who knows the Mullingar store, the last time they had them stored in the old Lifestyle sports shop next door, they have now put black bin liners all over it's windows, so I guess they already have the stock in or are expecting it tonight!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

3am is when prices may kick in but as far as I can tell the price is still 399 from last week. The question is when they come into stock/are put on the shelves prob impossible to know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

anyone know if there is any in carlow/portlaoise/kilkenny?.thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭hansov

No
    Do-more wrote:
    .....and ask him what time Thursday they will be on sale.

For anyone who knows the Mullingar store, the last time they had them stored in the old Lifestyle sports shop next door, they have now put black bin liners all over it's windows, so I guess they already have the stock in or are expecting it tonight!
    Eh???? Tonight is January 4th. Jarvis said 'next Thursday' which somebody clarified was the 11th. Are we hopping a week by mistake here folks?

No
    hansov wrote:
    Eh???? Tonight is January 4th. Jarvis said 'next Thursday' which somebody clarified was the 11th. Are we hopping a week by mistake here folks?

Re-read the post!
    Do-more wrote:
    Pity I didn't read the thread earlier, I was just in Tesco Mullingar and asked the Homewares manager if they would have the 32" tellies in next week at €399

FYI the Technosonics that were sold in Mullingar on the 27th. Dec. were delivered to the store on the 20th. Dec. so next weeks TV's may well be in stock (in the warehouse) already or at least very soon...

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭hansov

No
    :o Sorry Do-More point taken and understood:o . I was just following Jarvis' calendar.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

No
    "FYI the Technosonics that were sold in Mullingar on the 27th. Dec. were delivered to the store on the 20th. Dec. so next weeks TV's may well be in stock (in the warehouse) already or at least very soon..."

I say we round up a possie and storm the nearest 24 hour tesco right now!!!! Actually I'm going to sit on the couch and watch my new Technosonic TV....
    hahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahaa

Javis your a legend.. Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Compak wrote:
    3am is when prices may kick in but as far as I can tell the price is still 399 from last week. The question is when they come into stock/are put on the shelves prob impossible to know
    Yeah, that is possibly true. Also, I wonder if each store is going to get large amounts of these, or just a few.

No
    hansov wrote:
    :o Sorry Do-More point taken and understood:o . I was just following Jarvis' calendar.

Sorry hansov, I'm a little tethcy at the moment, the outlaws have been here for 3 weeks already and have just re-booked their flights to extend their stay by another 10 days!!:eek:

I'd suggest that everyone quizes every Tesco employee that they meet (in store or out of it) as to how many TV's are in the stockroom and at what time next Thursday they will be on sale, someones gotta crack!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

No
    I had a chat with a manager in Dunnes tonight in Galway who nothing off course about the new offer but he did inform me that not a single customer got a tv last time ..The staff took everyone in the Galway store !!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

I had a chat with a manager in Dunnes tonight in Galway who nothing off course about the new offer but he did inform me that not a single customer got a tv last time ..The staff took everyone in the Galway store !!!! :mad:

Damn those Dunnes staff buying up all the cheap tellys in Tesco...have they no loyalty !?!

On a more serious note, I have been told that "if" (cough) more TV's come in next week it will be STRICTLY 1 PER PERSON (fair enough really!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

why would someone realistically need more than 1 for anyway

what should be banned is staff purchasing from the store room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

No
    Here's hoping another gansai-load of boardies get their hands on this beauty - two weeks in and it hasn't blown up yet!:) ;)

If I was looking for one, I'd head down to your targetted Tesco(s) the day before (ie, according to Jarvis that'd be next Wednesday)

I wonder if the managers of the stores have been warned off letting them go before the due sale date after what happened last time?
    EDIT: Plus the fact that the staff are snaffling the goodies left, right and centre

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

No
    I only discovered the virtual surround sound feature in the Technosonic menu last night! The one thing it doesn't have is Picture In Picture. But in fairness, I would probably only ever use this feature once a year or so.
    Just hooked up a 360 through the RGB PC input and the picture quality is just astounding. I haven't slept in days for Call of duty 3 and Gears of War.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Guest

I'm kinda confused now, so are the tvs back in stock??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

No
    ---------- wrote:

Read back!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

No
    ---------- wrote:
    Tsk tsk...
    The current belief (according to the OP) is that they will be back in stock next Thursday (11th) at the same price of €399.

Advertisement