Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32" lcd

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Guest

some people say this thursday somepeople say next??? wth?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

No
    It being friday, surely this thursday and next thursday are one and the same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Guest

lol

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

No
    You'd think so wouldn't you!

Thursday the 11th January is the date mooted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭mcdonnst

No
    I rang the naas branch today and the manager said he dint know if or when they would be coming in but he said that if they do they will be a full price. the last price was just a special offer.

So lets hope he is wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Think you will find "boardsers" are better informed then the managers. ;)
    The managers will only find out early next week from an e-mail from
    HQ to the tune of
    "We are doing another 32" LCD special starting Thursday 11th Jan.
    Maximum one per person.
    Ad will be in the papers this Thursday
    WTGTG".

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

I have been following this thread with great interest.

I did not plan to buy such a TV at this time, but as it appears to be such a bargain it has moved up my list of "must buy items".

I believe the TV can be wall mounted. I have seen the pics produced earlier.

My question is.

What about connecting all the leads to the TV?
    Having a wall mounted TV with several leads dangling from it would not look great (especially to the wife)!.
    I guess I could get an electrician to sort out a power source, but what about the scart leads?
    At the moment I have a TV in the corner of the bed room. I have a perfect position in mind to place a wall mounted TV, but I then need to connect my SKY box and DVD player.
    Is this a simple operation or will I have to apply for planning permission and make sure the wife visits her mother for a long weekend!
    The wall I have in mind is not solid, so I guess this will be a help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

have the cello tvs come in yet that they were going to placate everyone with?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭ronano

When the next batch come in i've got two Technosonics for sale if people want them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

No
    I'll take one :)
    How do you have two of them ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Paulj

me me me, can i take one too :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

ronano wrote:
    When the next batch come in i've got two Technosonics for sale if people want them.

how if they are not for sale yet or are you buying 2 to sell on?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Paulj

i should probably ask why you're selling them? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Having missed this thread completely first time round due to lack of t'Internet.. i'm gonna have to keep an eye on it.

Will be stalking the Sligo store anyways to see if they get them in again.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

No
    Yellow Dog wrote:
    Is this a simple operation or will I have to apply for planning permission and make sure the wife visits her mother for a long weekend!
    The wall I have in mind is not solid, so I guess this will be a help.
    I'm thinking send the wife for a long weekend!

I guess it depends on how tidy the setup has to be. You can buy plastic coverings that hide wires inside them that run down/across walls. The key would be to have all the cables grouped together before they appear from behind the TV, and remain grouped until they disappear out of sight, either into the wall, into their various boxes.

You'd probably get some good answers in the DIY forum. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭Alkers

No
    I only discovered the virtual surround sound feature in the Technosonic menu last night! The one thing it doesn't have is Picture In Picture. But in fairness, I would probably only ever use this feature once a year or so.
    Just hooked up a 360 through the RGB PC input and the picture quality is just astounding. I haven't slept in days for Call of duty 3 and Gears of War.
    It does have PIP iirc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

No
    Simona1986 wrote:
    It does have PIP iirc?

No, it's the only thing missing (there's a button on the remote alright for it...)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭s8n

ronano. As previously posted, pages back. I will take one of your spares. What you looking for it ??

PM me with collection details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

I queried the Non Food manager in my local store today (Thurles) and she is not aware whether any more T.V.s will be coming in (I know her very well so I do believe her).

However, if they do come in I know that a lot of the staff are very interested in getting one as only four were delivered there last time...
    (please don't clog the thread with more stop the staff posts/rants, get in touch with Tesco Head Office to make your feelings known...)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Looking at AVForums, this TV isn't highly rated. For some reason, the 32" Technosonic that Tesco is selling is not the Technosonic sold by Woolworths, which is a rebadged Thomson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

No
    byte wrote:
    Looking at AVForums, this TV isn't highly rated. For some reason, the 32" Technosonic that Tesco is selling is not the Technosonic sold by Woolworths, which is a rebadged Thomson.

Reading the AVforums thread is more confusing than anything else! Seems like the early batches of Woolworths Technoconics were all recalled due to a faulty component.

It also seems like everyone has a different opinion on picture quality on the various different Technosonics available in the UK.

For what it's worth, I am more than pleased with the picture quality of my Tesco's Technosonic LCD3251.

I'm not a technogeek or a hardcore gamer who is worried about what the inside of a tunnel in some XBOX game really looks like.

The only TV feed I have in the house is Sky digital and running off a scart the picture is far better than on my 2 year old Black diamond 4:3 CRT.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

No
    i cant complain either lads, i too am using it for sky digibox and the odd time for when i hook up the ps2, befor this i had a 28inch philips flatscreen about 3 year old...the one with the big back on it like a cammel lol :D

wouldn't mind getting a 2nd one now for my kitchen :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

Hrrrm its hardly a brand name, techno sonic like.

I'd be much more willing to pay 1299 than 400 for a brand name like Philips.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,004 ✭✭✭✭muffler

robnubis wrote:

A lot of the TV's, DVD players, etc that have strange sounding names are actually made by some of the bigger companies and are simply re-badged.

This particular model is made by Thompson who are big in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

robnubis wrote:

i'd sooner pay 400 euros for this tv and 800 for the philips one by the end of the year........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Should mention that I had a Technosonics DVD player that was the biggest pile of crap. It never really worked properly and hardly played anything. Depends if you're willing to pay less and take your chances.

Think I'll hold out for a 799 37 inch. Gotta happen somewhere soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭Fabio

We bought a 32" LCD TV from Lidl before Chrisrtmas for €650 (i think it was that...around there anyway) and it is excellent.

Greta picture and sound and it works with the PC and any games console and of course is HD ready. Its a real gem, especially if you consider the price.

Don't anyone worry too much about brand names - just study the specs of what you buy and compare it to other brand name TV's to see if the bragain will measure up. Look at the warranty too...the Lidl TV that we have here in this house (brand: Targa Visionary) has a 3 year warranty!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭Alkers

No
    No complaints here either, the picture quality is fantastic. The remote is quite flimsy and the tv itself is very slow at changing channels, otherwise I'd still be happy if it cost €800!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

I have to say it looks pretty damn good to me, too — have only played DVDs and PS2 games on it so far, because I've been too lazy to get my arse up a ladder to run a new feed from the satellite dish.

But when I see the high street shops doing 'special' offers like €399 for a 21" LCD I get a real warm feeling inside...! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

No
    robnubis wrote:

Go ahead!:D

Advertisement