Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32" lcd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

No
    jeffcolley wrote:
    Does anyone know if the Cello comes with a component cable? Also, anyone got any ideas which is better: the Cello or the Technosonic? I've ordered a Cello from Tesco and I'm hoping it's a good buy.

cheers

jeff

Dont worry it has all the required connections that you will need. Although there are no cables provided with the tv apart from the power cable.

I have not seen the Technosonic one but for me cello one is decent enough and I have no complaints.

You should be glad that you got one when there's so many people looking for it. In case you dont like it, offer it in this forum and I am sure there will be some people who will be more than happy to take it from you. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

No
    ballybrone wrote:
    how would I go about getting one??

I reckon the thing to do is to head down to your local store now with a deck chair, sleeping bag and a flask of tea. Present yourself to the homewares manager and ask him/her where you can start queueing for the 32" LCD tellies on special offer. Now he'll (she'll) probably say something like, we don't have any 32" LCD's on special offer. All you have to say then is "then you won't mind giving me a ticket saying if you do get them on special offer again, then the first one is reserved for me! Otherwise I'm just going to plonk myself down here and start queueing..."

A cunning plan I think! :D:D:D

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

jarvis wrote:
    It'll be one week from today, It'll be Technosonic and it will be €399.

Jarvis.

I take it you are monitoring this thread, Jarvis.

Any updates?

I spoke to a girl I know that works in the electrical/hardware department in Sligo.

She has no news of any follow up to the original offer.

Only a few days to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

do the technosonic and cello have vga/dvi inputs?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭robcon

No
    technosonic has vga input

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

No
    cello has VGA input as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Absolut

Does anybody know where they were on sale in Galway last time - was it in the main Tesco supermarket, with the small section of electronics, or was it in the Four Seasons place where they keep all the other TVs? I'm assuming the four seasons will be open at 8/9 where as the supermarket is 24/7?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

No
    None of the TVs in the Galway store made it to the shop floor. The staff got them all. The manager informed me of that lovely news last week after me gettign up at 7 am to get them...scumbags

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Sorry Folks,

No store in the country will be receiving any technosonic or Cello
    lcd tv's. The supplier is unable to supply this product (Technosonic) and therfore there will be no special offers of any description.
    The Cello tv's were only put on special because of the fact that the stores sold out of the Technosonic before the special offer advert was printed so they will not be on any kind of special again either!
    Sorry if anyone had their hopes up but thats life.
    well done to those who got them as they are an absolute bargain. When I do get word of offers in the future, I will post in 'Bargain Alerts' thread but I can't imagine them being of this quality.
    Please don't reply to this post with :" will such and such a store be getting them " or "Will they be getting them in a few months time" etc etc if you need to know the answer to these questions, please read the first six lines of this post again.

Again I'm sorry for those of you that are dissapointed.

Regards

Jarvis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

oh
    what about those who had to go to jervis to prepay last week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

the corpo wrote:
    oh
    what about those who had to go to jervis to prepay last week?

Fraid they'll have to get their money back. Those staff should never have taken deposits in the first place.

Thats all from me folks

Jarvis:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

Thanks anyways jarvis...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

No
    I'm gonna do a little dance of delight that I hopped on this offer while I had the chance.
    Hard luck guys. But in fairness, the prices of these things are only going one way, down. Won't be long before the next offer and with our vigilant eyes ever ready for a bargain, Im sure the boards.ie bargain alerts forum will have a new king of kings offer in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,004 ✭✭✭✭muffler

jarvis, I wouldnt have bothered me ass answering that last post (#581). I think people should know by now that they take up their queries with the store in question and not yourself.

Keep up the good work and thanks for the tips

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

You're a good man jarvis.
    Now if I had managed to get me hands on one of them,
    you would have been a GREAT man! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

muffler wrote:
    jarvis, I wouldnt have bothered me ass answering that last post (#581).

i'm glad he did, it was helpful and decent of him to do so, i appreciate it. surprised you were bothered to comment on it

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Ah well. At least we won't be sitting all Thursday morning loitering in Tesco for a cheap telly!

Thanks Jarvis for keeping us updated, and I will look forward to other specials you may know about in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Missed out on this one myself - but a big Thank You to jarvis for keeping us posted so well.

We've seen people doing their bit and posting around this forum about breaking news from Dunnes, Argos and other companies - its very much appreciated and long may it continue!

I'll be looking out for when we next hear from ya! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

No
    Don't believe Jarvis folks - he just wants them all for himself! ;)

Great original bargain alert, and look forward to more in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mcgrailg

No
    I did manage to get one of the Tv's and was a great bargin - thanks again for the heads up Jarvis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kaizersoze123

Someone I know bought 6 of the Cello ones in Jervis st :eek:
    Bit selfish I thought, but i got 1 of them so i cant complain too much :)
    They are an excellent tv

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

I'm glad and sad all at the same time.
    Sad that I didn't get my hands on one of the tellys, but glad that I don't have to explain to herself why I spent €400 on a tv less than 4 months before our wedding!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ballybrone

Ok so it looks unlikely that we are gonna get any of the 32" LCD TV's in Tesco for €299 .So where else is doing good offers on 32" LCD TV's .I have seen a 32" Matsui in currys (Galway) for €699 and a 32" Maxim in Dunnes stores (Galway) for €699 but I am wondering is there any cheaper 32" on sale elsewhere.I wanna get one for a bedroom but am not looking to pay big money for it.Do others think we are likely to see a further deduction in the price of 32" LCD TV's in the next few months and how much more can the prices drop to.I would be willing to wait a month or two if there was a bargain to be had

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

looking into my crystal ball i see all 32" lcds being priced at €50 on february 19th

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Salaco

looking into my crystal ball i see all 32" lcds being priced at €50 on february 19th

On the contrary, the time to buy is now. I see the prices of 32" lcds rising steadily in the coming months such that, by xmas 2007, only the five richest kings of Europe will own them.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

According to my inbox, I can get 9 extra inches just buy buying some pills

Woohoo! Widescreen here we come! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

ballybrone wrote:
    .So where else is doing good offers on 32" LCD TV's .
    http://www.bigpockets.co.uk/product.php?lang=&submenu=&menu=&product_id=21790&session=4ed1f652e90463d14a1b83f7f39dffba

I got an email from bigpockets about this one this morning. Looks quite nice - has the various connections you'd probably want. I haven't looked for any reviews. There were 26 in stock this morning - they are now sold out. Think delivery is in the €30 to €40 range for Ireland (assuming they ship here with EMC charges etc). I know its not in stock now but it might come back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

ballybrone wrote:
    I wanna get one for a bedroom but am not looking to pay big money for it.

Jaysus you must have huge bedrooms :eek:

Myself and the other half spent a day going around Galway looking at 32" LCD's only to discover it would have been too big for where we wanted to put it.

Had to go round again looking at 26" ones the next day.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭Alkers

No
    Wasn't planning on getting a big one either but couldn't skip this for the price. You become immune to the size of it within a matter of hours of owning it though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

No
    Simona1986 wrote:
    You become immune to the size of it within a matter of hours of owning it though...

I can see that you'd be a hard girl to keep pleased.:eek:

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement