Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32" lcd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Saruman wrote:
    hmmm did anyone notice that a little research lets you know its a rebadged Thomson?
    Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

just check out the avforums link i posted in first page, for 400 euros you cant go wrong, if theirs any minor problems sure you can keep it for a bedroom tv. Ppl in the uk are happily paying 600 euros. Hopefully they get some more in as i couldnt think of a worse day for getting up early!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭green123

whiskeyman wrote:
    Anyone tried the Dundrum Town Centre store? Is there many there?
    I can't get through on their number and won't be out of work 'til 5 :(

i got through to them
    said they only had two
    gone first thing

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

No
    Just got the last one in Stillorgan i think. Quality TV, as good as my mates Sony

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

green123 wrote:
    i got through to them
    said they only had two
    gone first thing

Dang.
    Might nip down anyway and see if there's any other bargains.
    Cheers for letting me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Well done to those of you who actually believed in me. I'm not in the habit of making up non-exsistant bargains.
    Maybe next time though others will believe what I tell them rather than presuming I'm making this **** up.

ENJOY yout tv's

Jarvis:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭green123

jarvis wrote:
    Well done to those of you who actually believed in me. I'm not in the habit of making up non-exsistant bargains.
    Maybe next time though others will believe what I tell them rather than presuming I'm making this **** up.

ENJOY yout tv's

lol

do you know if there will be any more coming in or has any store any left ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

formatman wrote:
    Have 1 reserved in my local store
    quick question , are these widscreen ?

they are HD ready so they would kind of have to be

• Registered Users Posts: 46,004 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thank you jarvis.

I picked one up in Letterkenny a little while ago. Talked to a nice lad who said that they had them but wouldnt be out on the shelf till 12 noon. Went back at 12:10 and 2 of the 6 they had were gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭positron

At Tesco @ Jervis centre, and the guy said “woot??!!” and went away to check this sale for a very long time, came back and said they don't have any in sale - I think he just got all his mates a tv each...!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

No
    jarvis wrote:

ENJOY yout tv's

i will never doubt u again!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,312 ✭✭✭CH3OH

No
    Just got one in Arklow. I had been in earlier and was told they didn't have any. Went back in and bumped into one of the managers who got one from out of the stores. There were none on display, so best bet is to get a senior member of staff to see if they are in the store. All the staff probably have them put aside.
    Thanks to OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

No
    jarvis wrote:

ENJOY yout tv's

Well those that believed got a nice bargain.
    Thanks again Jarvis.;)

What made my day was seeing the line of people outside D.I.D in the rain waiting for the store to open. I had my set in the car and on my way home and they where still there waiting.Doubt as good a bargain was found by them.:p
    And to top it all off going back across the M50 toll,I handed the bloke in the booth a €50 note and he handed me back €50 in fivers and €3.20 in coins. Was halfway across bridge counting all the fives when I coped his mistake.:D
    Can this day get any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

I'd say there's very few left around the country now but who knows. A lot of my friends and family got them too.
    It may be a while before I have another bargain to match this one, but as soon as I do, I'll post it here in advance.

I got the Philips 42" lcd that I posted about last week and I have a new divx player with 5.1 surround. Just set it up and it's amazing!!!!!! So happy daze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

No
    jarvis wrote:

ENJOY yout tv's

Jarvis, thanks a lot! Got one at Clearwater this morning.
    Kudos to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

No
    Just back from Tullamore and set one up!!! Excellent quality. Now to try sell my 32" crt :D

When i walked in to Tesco Tullamore they were stacked right there as you walk in. Must have been almost 10 of them.

No
    My mate that held me one is after going for one himself and they are sold out ,

the dork!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

No
    :( They know nothing about it in the Tesco in Manor in Tralee.

No
    did you ask for a hardware manager? seemily some of the floor staff aint got a clue about it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

No
    Smithers wrote:
    did you ask for a hardware manager? seemily some of the floor staff aint got a clue about it

No. They had a few tvs on the shelves and I asked a guy who was restocking some stereos. He said that that's all they had in stock. I asked about the bargain you guys got but he said he didn't know anything about it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭wanabe

No
    cheers, jarvis! just got the last 1 in killarney!! excellent!!!!

Same thing happened to me! I told the guy the whole story, and that you he should look at the prices because this is not well advertised etc and he came back and said No!

I rang the customer service, and asked for it and she rang whoever and said they have one - went straight back in - and she get someone to bring it up to the CustomerService desk for me - and guess what, its the same guy from earlier!!

Anyhoo, I got myself a 32" HD LCD for 399.99 - wooohooo! Thanks to OP, and thanks for others to bring up the fact that the Joe-Tillboy wouldn't know about this!! :D

PS: As of 10 mins ago, Tesco Jervis Centre has 1 left. No, they can't reserve and hold. Go in and ask the girl at the customer service desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I doff my my hat to you, sir. :)

Picked up one in Clearwater at 13:15. Was told it was the last one by the guy who served me.:rolleyes: Not sure I fully believe that - prolly didn't want me sending my mates over to clear out the remaining stock. They were supposed to go on sale tomorrow, apparently, so maybe they're trying to hold onto a couple.

The box I got is a little tatty - hope everything works.

Thanks again Jarvis... sorry for all those nasty things I've been saying about you.:D

Specs (picked up this link from one of the avforums posts)

http://www.hdtvsolutions.com/Thomson-32LB125B5.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

No
    If there was a boards award for bargain poster of the year i would nominate Jarvis as this is even a bargain by British standards. They are paying more for them over there mwuhahaha:D

Oh and
    SickBoy wrote:
    Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
    I would say its a good thing. Thomson is not a well known brand over here but they are a pretty well known brand in the UK. Recently they became available here from dixons etc. Good tv's as far as i know. And this rebadge is excellent.

Oh and just in case you neglect to look at the manual as most of us guys do and think you may have a DOA tv. No power... there is a hard power button underneath at the back where the ports are as well as the usual on off at the front. :D i was worried for a few mins :D:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

No
    Nice one Jarvis!

Dropped up to Stillorgan this morning just as the guy was putting the €399 price on it. Got him to hold me one while I went off to get a bigger car to bring it home!

Arrived back less than an hour later and the shelf was now stocked with portable TVs - the only one still in the shop was my one behind the counter!!

The missis is now watching The Sound of Music on it downstairs. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

this makes he 650 i paid for the aldi one a few weeks ago seem like a rip off. oh well, them i the breaks.....

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mcgrailg

No
    cheers Jarvis, got one in Ashbourne at about 1 (they had previously told me they were only expecting the shipment of them in at one) they weren't on the shelves but when i asked he showed me it in a brochurs for € 600 but i asked him to check again, and sure enough he came back carrying one and i got it for the 399 happy days !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

went to roscommon tesco and no joy. Asked a gy on the floor and he said "nope" asked to speak with the hardware manager "he isnt here"

customer service is a great thing. Oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

No
    From the warehouse sticker on mine it was delivered to the store on Weds 20th Dec. when I waltzed in looking for it this morning, they were all playing dumb. Kept asking me how I knew about it! (Just told them I had a friend in head office;) ) My guess is they were trying to keep them for friends and family...

Now where can I get a "Thomson" badge to replace the poxy "Technosonic" one?

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement