Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32" lcd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

No
    neither tescos in Tralee know anything about it.

Or they claim to know nothing about it. It's pretty **** customer service to hoard special offers like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

No
    Does it have component??

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

just picked up 2 in Arklow, wanted a third but was told none left

they had 10 and the guys that carried them to the car had got one each along with the rest of the staff that noticed they were on sale

now Apple launch TV Streamer in January..................

Yes it does have component to answer another post

Damn you tescos , just wasted next years holiday deposit on xbox and 2 tvs in the space of 2 weeks !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Just rang Ballybrack and Stillorgan on the off chance. Unfortunately not though. Congrats to everyone who got one though! Well done OP. Honourary boards.ie membership I say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

No
    Saruman wrote:
    If there was a boards award for bargain poster of the year i would nominate Jarvis as this is even a bargain by British standards. They are paying more for them over there mwuhahaha:D

Oh and
    I would say its a good thing. Thomson is not a well known brand over here but they are a pretty well known brand in the UK. Recently they became available here from dixons etc. Good tv's as far as i know. And this rebadge is excellent.

Oh and just in case you neglect to look at the manual as most of us guys do and think you may have a DOA tv. No power... there is a hard power button underneath at the back where the ports are as well as the usual on off at the front. :D i was worried for a few mins :D:D

That was me when I got home with it! I thought my luck had run out :D
    The picture on Sky digital is excellent - football looks good on it too which is always good.
    This is a shoe-in for 'Bargain of the Year' on these boards I'd guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Julesie

muffler wrote:
    Thank you jarvis.

I picked one up in Letterkenny a little while ago. Talked to a nice lad who said that they had them but wouldnt be out on the shelf till 12 noon. Went back at 12:10 and 2 of the 6 they had were gone.

Hehe... that would have been me. :d Up in donegal for the christmas, had my dad looking in the tescos in maynooth and hillcrest this morning.. they were sold out so i thought of the letterkenny store. Worth the 20 mile trip!

Was loittering around the magzine section at 11.59am waiting for the guy you met to bring them out. His face dropped when i said i'd take two of them.

Just took one out of the box now... looks pretty sweet even without adjusting any of the settings.

Thanks again Jarvis.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

No
    Dman001 wrote:
    Does it have component??
    In english please.... it has lots of components in it but i think you are reffering to a particular component...
    Only thing i can think of is composite video... and yes it does.

no he means component not composite , and its does have RCA component

Sorry also in all the excitement forgot to thank jarvis for the TIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

keep us posted if any more turn up!

my bro was told by dundrum they were getting more in and took his name for a waiting list

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭Alkers

No
    Best thread ever! Jut picked one up 5minutes ago in Nutgrove. Place was half empty and I know they had at least one more left and they hadn't been put out yet. Just ask anyone with a light blue shirt or a senior staff member. I had no joy on the phone whatsoever. Thanks a million op!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

No
    Just wondering where you lot are going to be picking up your wall brackets from and thank you to Mr J;)

Cubix

cubix wrote:
    Just wondering where you lot are going to be picking up your wall brackets from and thank you to Mr J;)

Cubix

Deal with an AV trade supplier so will be getting some quotes from them

Will pass on any decent prices if I can

Richersounds also might be an option

Not sure if it has a VESA connection or non standard mounting though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

No
    for wall mounting does the bottom stand part that keeps it upright detach?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Amigaman

No
    hi All
    I too would nominate Jarvis for Bargin poster of the year..went down to Lucan at 14.15 and they had 3 left from a consignment of 10 ..I got one , my wife talked a complete stranger who had just poped in to buy bread and milk to buy one and the 3rd was quitely slipped behind the customer services desk... ;-) .. so that was the last of them in the Lucan Store...
    Thanks again Jarvis
    regards

No
    I doesn't obviously detach but seems a little flimsy so I'll have another look. Don't know about the wall mounting standards - it has 4x threaded inserts in the rear center of the tv?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

3 left in tesco poleberry waterford as of 5.15 this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Julesie

seems to be a standard 200 x 200 vesa mounting.

here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

No
    Take another bow Jarvis! I would say that Boardie's must have got at least half of all the TV's available. God bless Tesco's, Loss leaders and Bargain alerts!:D :D:D

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

none left in clearwater or clarehall :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

None left in Tesco Bloomfields. Thanks to OP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

should be able to give users rep!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭1huge1

Oh i got so ripped a few months back
    panasonic 32'' hdtv with hdmi €1600
    sniff sniff plus another €200 for a stand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Peter B

No
    Just bought one in Tesco's Nenagh.

Thank you OP!

Bargain of 2006?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Simona1986 wrote:
    Best thread ever! Jut picked one up 5minutes ago in Nutgrove. Place was half empty and I know they had at least one more left and they hadn't been put out yet. Just ask anyone with a light blue shirt or a senior staff member. I had no joy on the phone whatsoever. Thanks a million op!

Went to Stillorgan just before 15.00, place was empty. Asked the guy behind the counter and he says: 'Ye, pretty sure we have a few in the stores'. He meets a co-worker halfway and asks him. This guy gives him the dirtiest look ever and says: 'No, they're sold out'. I know who I believed.

Went to the customer service desk in the Tesco grocery store around the corner and asked could they ring Dundrum to ask if they were in stock - no luck.

Headed off to Nutgrove fully prepared for my plan of action. First person I spied was a manager. He sent a member of staff(who looked crestfallen:D) to get one. On his return I asked how many they had and was told one more:rolleyes: . I was so tempted to buy another, but can't even afford 1 as it is. I'm dreading the visa bill!

Got it for my Dad who really wanted a proper tv but couldn't splash out. He was like a kid on Christmas opening it and setting it up! He's watching 'The Old Grey Whistle Test' dvds I also got him for Christmas at the moment:D

Thanks OP. This is fantastic. You've made mine and the oul fellas day. What a wonderful bargain to end the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

hey what time was that at? any left in nutgrove?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

i rang nutgrove over an hour ago and they claimed to have none left!

No
    Don't believe those plonkers on the phone. They don't have a clue, the lady I spoke to in Dundrum said they had 27" for €899 and that was it :rolleyes: Or the general floor staff for that matter. I asked the manager in nutgrove earlier and got one no hassle. All he said to the other employee was "tv" and the guy knew which one to get! He then told me that that was the second last one. Nunu has since got one there and been told that there is one left after him. I'd say there's a good chance there is still a few in stillorgan and maybe one or two in Nutgrove.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

It was about 15.45. Don't ring just head down and seek a manager. It's the only way to be certain if they have them or not.

No
    I got mine in Nutgrove at 16.20 or so. He said there was one left after me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭positron

Advertisement